Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Kitchen and Nutrition Coordinator
Position: Kitchen and Nutrition Coordinator
Classification: Full Time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Kitchen and Nutrition Manager
The Kitchen and Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the kitchen is clean, well-maintained, and organized at all times. The Coordinator must be knowledgeable about the inner workings of a kitchen. The Coordinator works in collaboration with the Kitchen and Nutrition Manager to ensure that meals are assembled and delivered in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares nutritious meals and snacks for enrolled children based on the menu provided by the Kitchen and Nutrition Manager.
- Distributes food to the classrooms on time for scheduled meals.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order
- Check all chemical levels and inventory; deliver bleach water to classrooms daily
- Set up and clean stations
- Ensure all items are clean according to sanitation guidelines
- Remove trash and waste
- Clean and mop kitchen floor
- Sanitize and close work stations
- Provide assistance for special events and programming
- Clean other areas of the facility in addition to the kitchen
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior kitchen experience is preferred
- Maintain a Food Handler’s Permit
- Effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication
- Prioritize work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Works cooperatively in a team environment
- Be able to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Frequent bending, walking, squatting, lifting, standing, and/or sitting.
- Exposure to children’s illnesses and diseases.
- Exposure to varying outside temperatures (heat and cold).
Job Type: Full Time