Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Bike and Trails Coordinator
The Bike and Trails Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the free bike-share program, coordinating and implementing the new earn-a-bike program, working with Thrive’s partners to develop and construct new trail systems, and maintaining current trail systems. In addition, this position will be responsible for minor maintenance and repairs needed throughout Thrive’s properties.
Duties and responsibilities
Programs and Advocacy
• Oversee and coordinate all bike and trails programs, including bike-share and earn-a-bike programs.
• Teach community members how to repair and maintain bicycles.
• Ensure quality and safety of bike and trails equipment, performing routine maintenance and making repairs, as needed.
• Track data of bicycle and trail usage.
• Oversee advocacy and awareness activities educating the public on Thrive’s bike and trail programs and represent Thrive at bicycle advocacy and awareness events.
Trail Planning and Protection
• Assist in new trail design and assessment of existing trails to ensure built environment is kept to high standards.
• Provide regular maintenance to trail routes and pathways.
• Collect GPS data for current and potential trails and perform GIS mapping updates, as necessary.
• Assist Thrive’s partners in trail route planning where needed, including reviewing and providing input on resource management plans, local or regional trail or development plans or other policy development.
• Provide input and assistance to Thrive in the development of trail- wide policy guidance on a broad range of recreation, environmental, natural and cultural resource issues.
• Develop and strengthen bike and trails volunteer program by providing technical assistance to volunteers.
• Create and provide volunteer training in trail standards, construction and maintenance, crew leadership, trail protection and landowner negotiations.
• Organize and lead volunteer work crews to perform bike maintenance, trail maintenance, and trail construction, when needed.
• Identify volunteer recruiting needs and opportunities in the region.
• Prepare and submit recommendations reports for the bike and trails program
• Complete minor building maintenance and repairs needed for Thrive office and Annex building.
• Ensure that all bike and trail communications, requests, and questions are addressed in a timely manner.
• Provide content updates for Thrive publications, social media, etc.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Completion of a four-year B.S. or B.A. degree in a natural resources related field such as forestry, outdoor recreation planning, or other similar fields or equivalent work experience, preferred.
• Excellent mechanical skills required (1-3 years hands on experience working on a wide variety of bicycles).
• 1-2 years experience in trail construction techniques and organizing volunteers, preferred.
• Knowledge of trail design, construction, and maintenance concepts and techniques.
• Knowledge of GPS data collection and ESRI’s ArcGIS software, preferred.
• Strong teaching skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a professional manner.
• Friendly personality who enjoys working with the public.
• Professional attitude and appearance.
• Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills with experience managing deadlines and budgets.
• Thrive is an EOE
• Allen County residency must be established within 60 days of hire
• Compensation and Benefits: $36,500/annual salary. Hourly position with medical and dental benefits and 100% of premiums paid by employer, IRA with 3% employer match, 120 hours of paid vacation a year and 10 paid holidays
• Thrive places a high priority on team players and community-minded individuals
• Must successfully complete a criminal background check
To apply send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999