Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Coordinator New Roots for Refugees Education & Outreach
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1134759/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Coordinator-New-Roots-for-Refugees-Education-and-Outreach
Catholic Charities of NE KS offers great benefits including:
*11 paid holidays plus 1 week off at Christmas *Vacation, sick & floating holidays
*Company paid life and STD *Medical, dental, vision, and Retirement benefits
*Work/life balance with an ability to make a positive impact on others
*A fun, mission focused & collaborative team environment
Do you have a passion for working on behalf of those most in need? Join our team! We are looking for dynamic, talented, and experienced professionals who are seeking work in a rewarding environment. Check us out at www.catholiccharitiesks.org
Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic. We embrace the broadest definition of neighbor and the characteristics that make them unique, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, social-economic status, education, immigration status, national origin, language, family or marital status, political affiliation, disability and religious beliefs. EEO
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing day-to-day programming that serves refugee populations in the Kansas City area through the New Roots for Refugees program: a program helping refugees start their own small businesses growing and selling organically grown produce. EEO.
- Improve and implement program evaluation methods.
- Develop and maintain curriculum for English classes. Manage logistics, assessments, and volunteers for English classes.
- Coordinate farm classes, including scheduling interpreters, giving feedback to staff on best teaching practices, supporting learner evaluations, and preparing materials.
- Plan and coordinate educational activities for farmers, including cooking and nutrition classes and field trips.
- Support and strengthen community partnerships through outreach, education, and learning opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and supervisor all volunteers and summer staff.
- Manage content for New Roots website, social media, and newsletter.
- Collect data necessary for grant reports..
- Collaborate with Cultivate Kansas City staff to achieve program goals. Support team members to achieve program goals during the growing season or when program gaps occur.
- Advocate and promote awareness of refugee populations to promote community acceptance.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education, or human service field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in adult education and/or programming preferred.
- Experience with teaching or curriculum development.
- Familiarity with diversified vegetable farming preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in providing direct service to refugees and immigrants.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual.
- Ability to interact effectively with government agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be flexible in work schedule- some evenings, weekends and early mornings are required.
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record..
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs.
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving.
Job Type: Full Time