Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of eLearning
Nonprofit Connect links the nonprofit community to education, resources and networking so organizations can more effectively achieve their missions. Our organization continues to grow to meet the increasing needs of the nonprofit sector, and we are excited to expand and develop our eLearning content and strategy.
This Director of eLearning will design and implement Nonprofit Connect’s online professional development programs. The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop and maintain eLearning resources such as courses and toolkits to complement current eLearning content, and strategically grow Nonprofit Connect’s eLearning Center.
The Director of eLearning will lead creation and execution of Nonprofit Connect’s on-demand professional development, educational webinars, online best practice toolkits and advanced in-person programming. Responsibilities include content and curriculum development, graphic and video creation as well as program management. This includes growing the depth and breadth of eLearning content while establishing financial sustainability.
The Director of eLearning will also oversee course production, system management, and support for other Nonprofit Connect programs and events as needed. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a comprehensive library of eLearning content, to include on-demand courses and toolkits, and live webinar training
- Identify, create and refine content with primary focus on the nonprofit professional’s job and career needs
- Work closely with colleagues and subject matter experts to develop content curriculum and course instructional design for effective adult learning
- Plan and vision strategically for growth of eLearning, including revenue generation, goal setting, and budgeting that facilitates for continued growth and program sustainability
- Take inventory of current resources, identify potential areas for strategic development and/or partnership
- Audit and review content and the online platform to ensure final products are convenient, usable, affordable and of high quality, and free of typographical, format and layout errors
- Establish toolkits and workbooks inclusive of templates, resources and samples to complement key training areas
- Evaluate, coordinate, and implement training based on needs assessment of nonprofit sector, maintaining excellent balance of content nonprofit professionals want and need, established best practices, and cutting-edge trends and predictions in the sector
- Evaluate effectiveness and continuously improve current learning initiatives
Education and Experience
- Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge and work experience involving learning techniques and learning programs, preferably specific to adult learning and/or the nonprofit sector
- Minimum four years of relevant experience and/or education
- Comfortable working in start-up situations, building product and/or programs from initial stages
- Capability to take a project from start to finish
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks accordingly and be deadline-oriented in order to produce on all deliverables
- Candidates should have strong communication skills in writing and/or editing technical documents for non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal communication and ability to provide video and audio portion of eLearning modules
- High energy self-starter with strong follow-through skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience as an instructional designer and/or course developer for eLearning preferred
- Proficient videographer with video and audio editing software (ex. Adobe Premiere) preferred
- Experience as a trainer or leader in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Experience with learning and content development tools such as a Learning Management System or other learning software, Adobe Creative Suite or other content creation software, as well as experience creating and refining software integrations preferred
- Experience designing with html and CSS a plus
- Experience as an event planner or program manager a plus
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999