Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Diversity Equity & Inclusion Director
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) seeks a Diversity Equity & Inclusion Director to join the senior leadership of its talented professional staff. This role will be responsible for developing and executing a cohesive approach to aligning and integrating a range of new and existing Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives, policies, programs, training and systems that foster an inclusive legal community where all can thrive. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Diversity Equity & Inclusion Director works strategically and administratively to oversee all aspects of DEI for KCMBA and supports DEI efforts in the KCMBA membership and legal community. This role is responsible for developing and executing a cohesive approach to aligning and integrating a range of new and existing DEI initiatives, policies, programs, training, systems and infrastructure that foster and achieve meaningful, measurable, and lasting progress toward greater diversity, equity and inclusion in the greater Kansas City legal community to create a positive, sustainable impact and an inclusive legal community where all can thrive. Additional related responsibilities include production of the annual Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair; the annual Unity Event; special events to celebrate and support DEI initiatives; and support of new DEI Collaborative, the Diversity Section and the DEI pipeline of leadership and engagement. This position reports to Executive Director and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
The ideal candidate will be a culture builder, thought leader, great partner and create and articulate an inspiring vision across the legal community and the greater Kansas City community as a whole. The successful candidate will exhibit superb customer service and the ability to multitask and manage many projects at one time, keeping track of cyclical activities while taking on new or unanticipated work. Adherence to the very highest degree of ethics and professionalism is required. Additional qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s Degree, JD preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading DEI initiatives and programs.
• Proven ability to build successful and effective relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization; promote ideas persuasively and effectively, win buy-in for initiatives and work through conflicts, to ensure operational alignment and high impact execution; Willingness to collaborate with and support others and share information, ideas and credit.
- Strong business acumen, highly effective written and verbal communications skills, executive presence with demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis benchmarking and opportunity identification and ability to translate metrics, research and trends into strategy.
• A self-starter who can deliver amazing results with minimal direction.
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products and ability to adapt to other platforms.
While KCMBA is the oldest and largest bar association in the greater Kansas City Community, it remains committed to improving its community by supporting its sister organization, KCMBF, along with many other charitable endeavors. KCMBF works to end domestic violence, provides free legal services to veterans and provides a legal education pipeline for diverse high school students in the Kansas City area.
KCMBA provides a healthy and happy work environment by offering ample paid holidays (including one week at the end of December) and additional paid time off time for staff appreciation. After working remotely since March 2020, KCMBA staff will work primarily from the office beginning in July 2021. Perks enjoyed at the office include free covered parking, free onsite fitness center, occasional free meals, a collaborative work environment and a beautiful office facility.
The annual salary range for this position starts at $60,000 based on relevant experience and qualifications, with benefits, including: medical, vision and dental insurance, a flexible spending account, and short-term disability; life insurance (paid by KCMBA); paid time off includes vacation (5 days the first year); sick/personal time (8 days annually); paid holidays (about 17 paid days off each year, including the last week of the year); profit-sharing plan (an annual minimum contribution of 3% of your salary); 401(k) plan; and cafeteria (s125) plan.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to Vickie Mauck at email@example.com using the subject line “Diversity Equity & Inclusion Director."
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999,$75,000 - 99,999