Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Coordinator-Blaylock Residences/TRIP
Mental Health America of the Heartland currently seeks a full-time (40-hours per week) Coordinator for its Blaylock Residences and TRIP programs. These programs offer scattered site leasing assisted, supportive housing in Emporia, Ottawa and Manhattan, Kansas to both chronically homeless individuals with a mental health diagnosis and individuals upon discharge from a Kansas State Mental Health inpatient facility.
The Program Coordinator position ensures that referrals/admissions into the programs are processed in accordance with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines /regulations, if required. Working with the local Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC), the Coordinator provides telephone, email, and face-to-face support to tenants on-site in their homes that assist them in maintaining housing and furthering their recovery; serves as liaison between tenants and landlords; maintains timely and accurate documentation; and assists with documentation and administration of the program.
Job Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in social work/related field, or 2 years relevant experience in similar position, required
- Prior work experience with persons with a mental health diagnosis and/or who have experienced homelessness, required
- Experience working on a team with or in a CMHC, or similar provider, highly desirable
- Travel to the main office in Kansas City, Kansas at least bi-monthly or more often as needed, required
- Valid driver's license with current car insurance and clean driving record, required
- Must be proficient in utilizing Excel and Word software applications
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and reliable
- Housing Quality Survey certification/experience a plus
- Familiarity with Clarity HMIS data base a plus
Mental Health America of the Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mail, hand-deliver or email your cover letter with resume, salary requirements and completed application (found on-line at www.mhah.org-click “Contact”) to:
Mental Health America of the Heartland
739 Minnesota Ave
Kansas City, KS 66101
Attn: Human Resources/ Blaylock-TRIP
Deadline: Until position is filled
No phone calls or faxes please.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Type: Full Time