Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Chief Program Officer
Administer service delivery systems for specific locations and assists agency-wide as needed. Responsible for program operations in both community living programs as assigned. Monitors overall delivery of services and compliance with contractual agreements. Directly supervises and trains program management staff to include but not limited to, Residential Specialists and Program Specialists. Additional program management duties include the following: Sees to the implementation of agency policy and procedures; and participates in the development, implementation, maintenance, and remediation of accreditation standards. Is directly supervised by the Chief Program Officer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Directly supervises, trains and evaluates Program Specialists and assist with supervision for Residential Specialists for assigned locations;
- Monitor program budgets, staffing patterns and staffing hours to ensure decisions that are made are financially responsible and accurate according to program needs and in accordance with organization policies and procedures. Adjust staffing hours or advocate for more/less hours based on the services provided to meet the needs of the individual(s) to ensure that services provided match the budgets and/or staffing patterns;
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges. Mentor Program Specialist staff on how to proactively engage in development of their programs to improve program quality and to hold staff accountable for their job functions and client engagements;
- Responsible for managing employee performance evaluation process with respect to establishing timely performance review for assigned program employees, along with developing, measuring and monitoring the performance review process;
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to troubleshoot program and staff performance challenges. Mentor Program Specialist staff on how to proactively engage in development of their programs to improve program quality and how to hold staff accountability for their job functions;
- Ensures ISL, Group Home room and board and services adjustments are communicated to Benefits Specialists, Accounting Manager, and CPO to ensure proper reimbursement for services; Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward providing excellent client services;
- Oversees the service delivery at assigned locations;
- Fills in as needed to ensure client services are properly maintained;
- Completes quarterly site visits;
- Completes monthly summary reports;
- Coordinates HIPS, APTS and CIST/CS hours;
- Responsible for DMH required billing as needed;
- Provide oversight, consultation, and technical assistance to the staff regarding CARF standards interpretation and survey procedures; work collaboratively to oversees the CARF surveying process;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to engage in service improvement and expansion;
- Oversee supervisors who have staff with work performance/relationship building concerns and offer suggestions to them on improving skill sets and to offer suggestions to HR Director on employment suitability as needed; reviews and approves critical Event Reports for assigned locations;
- Coordinates discharge summaries and follow-up reports;
- Corresponds with referring agencies, day programs, service agencies, Kansas City Regional Office, EITAS, resident families, and other interested parties;
- Develop strong relationships with oversight agencies;
- Chairs and approves minutes for Manager and DDP meetings;
- Participate in management meetings and coordinates the implementation of programmatic decisions;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to engage in service improvement and expansion
- Assists with on-call responsibilities;
- Assist with creating and supporting a high performing culture that align with the organization's mission and core values
- Professionalism and ethics
- Knowledge of program and services for people with disabilities
- Leadership and management
- Communication Proficiency
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Oriented
- Discrete with Confidential Information
- Ethical Conduct
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Ability to navigate web-based computer programs and have proficient typing skills
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Customer/Client focused
This position directly supervises Program Specialist and assists with co-supervision of Residential Specialists and Direct Support Professionals.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also will require walking up/down steps, adjust to different noise levels and temperature variances.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, climb or bend. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work consist of Monday Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Driving throughout the metropolitan area daily or as needed
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Human Development, or related field
- Have a minimum of two years of combined direct service or program management experience including supervision of staff working with persons with developmental disabilities
- Must be licensed driver with personal vehicle available for agency business
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree in related field
- Two or more years in a middle or upper-management professional capacity
- Familiarity with principles of community-based services and state funding for persons with developmental disabilities
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full Time