Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Impact Manager
Are you an organized, passionate leader of people with great writing skills? Would leading a team that that launches and delivers youth volunteer programs excite you?
The Program Impact Manager will lead, support, and expand the development of headquarters-hosted affiliate (HQA) programs. He/she will also help fundraise for HQA programs and participate in the strategy and evaluation of the overall HQA initiatives. This includes supporting headquarters staff and program directors responsible for implementing affiliate programming.
Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) is a network of over 30 youth service programs throughout the U.S. and Canada. We engage youth in team-based service experiences that build life and work skills while inspiring youth for a lifetime commitment to service. Over 300,000 youth have served with YVC since 1987. We are a well-established organization with a strong network and a significant endowment.
YVC’s national headquarters is in a beautifully restored home built in 1874 in the Quality Hill District of downtown Kansas City. At YVC, you’ll find energy, enthusiasm, a supportive team, and loyalty to the idea that youth service can change the world.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Launch, support, expand, and fund YVC programming hosted directly by YVCHQ as part of the overall strategic goal of YVC to expand and strengthen the YVC affiliate network. This will be done in coordination with the Director of Affiliate Programming and the affiliate services team. Supported programs include: Northwest Arkansas; Wichita, KS; Joplin, Kansas City, Springfield and St. Louis, MO; Plymouth, MI; Columbia, SC; and others as developed. The focus of this position will be primarily on supporting and supervising HQA staff, fundraising, supporting summer and in-school programming, and community engagement for HQ affiliates. Duties include but are not limited to:
Program Support (55%)
- Oversee the operations of YVC Headquarters affiliate programs (HQAs).
- Recruit high-quality youth development professionals to serve as local leaders for each HQ-hosted affiliate.
- Maintain consistent communication via phone, email, and site visits with HQAs. Keep the CEO apprised of notable issues.
- Provide ongoing coaching, feedback, and accountability to meet strategic goals and create a team dynamic through personal communication, problem solving support, team meetings, and performance discussions.
- In correlation with leadership, develop plans, determine goals, draft budgets, and participate in other strategy design to ensure overall program success.
- Develop and implement strategies to expand YVC’s reach and impact through school partnerships and school-based programs.
- Develop and deliver training content and supplemental resources to equip program directors to plan projects, recruit youth, effectively administer the YVC model, supervise youth during service projects, promote youth service and lead out as the face of YVC in their community.
- Ensure accuracy of program data management, annual program statistics, and YVC database information for HQAs.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems. Assist with solutions for affiliate challenges. Provide technical assistance for YVC resources and other needs.
- Ensure each program adheres to YVC Program Standards and YVC’s youth protection policy.
- Evaluate program success through site visits, completing evaluations, and participating in group feedback sessions. Support stakeholder (youth, parent, and agency surveys) evaluation and outcomes reporting.
- With the fund development and affiliate services team, develop, implement, and maintain a fundraising strategy in all HQA program communities except Kansas City.
- Meet goals established with leadership in relation to funding to support and sustain HQAs.
- Manage funder relationships and deliverables
- Assist with YVCHQ team effort to plan and implement YVC Summit, YVC’s annual conference
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience may be considered
- Experience in leading a team or managing others preferred
- Experience in volunteer/program management preferred
- Fundraising or grant writing experience a plus
- Well-developed administrative skills including proactive communication, follow through, and deadline management
- Proficient (or resourceful) with computer knowledge and Microsoft office products, technology and data management skills
YVC needs someone who has:
- Stellar organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and demonstrate resiliency
- An outgoing, independent attitude with the ability to think creatively and strategically to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on the ability to communicate and work with people from a variety of backgrounds
- An ability to motivate, support, develop others with a positive attitude
- A high level of initiative and drive
- A sense of urgency driving organization and reliability
- An appropriate balance between confidence and humility
Reporting Roles: Reports to the Director of Affiliate Programming. Directly supervises Program Directors for HQAs. Indirectly supervises Team Leaders at HQA sites.
Compensation: The range for this position is $43,000-$53,000 and will be dependent upon experience and skillset.
Benefits: This position is given three weeks Paid Time Off for the first three years, then 4-6 weeks depending on tenure, plus 10 paid holidays per year and the full week off between Christmas and New Years’ Day. We offer health insurance, employee-paid dental and vision, and retirement that is matched up to 3%.
Work Arrangements: After initial 90-day onboarding and establishment of relationships, flexible work arrangements including a hybrid remote situation are likely a possibility if desired.
Interested? Please submit a letter of interest that highlights how you have demonstrated key qualifications and position duties in the past, along with resume at www.yvc.org/job-application.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999