Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Job Description – Program Manager
The BrandLab Vision:
A marketing industry that thrives with the insights and creativity of people of all ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The BrandLab Mission:
To change the face and voice of the marketing industry by introducing, guiding and preparing students for careers in marketing.
The BrandLab objectives:
- Build awareness of marketing as a viable, exciting and impactful career.
- Develop work readiness through skill-building programs that increase student’s career potential.
- Build a bridge from classroom to career.
- Partner with and support employers in hiring, retaining and valuing people of diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds at every level of employment.
The BrandLab overview:
The BrandLab (TBL) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Minneapolis, MN that is connecting upcoming talent in the Twin Cities to creative jobs in the marketing industry. Since 2009, the marketing and advertising industry in the Twin Cities has been actively working towards becoming a more equitable industry. By partnering with the industry, TBL works by connecting young people from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to opportunities in the creative and marketing space. TBL’s office changes each year to a different Minneapolis-based agency; in 2019, TBL will be located at ICF Next (previously ICF Olson).
Program Manager overview:
This is a fast-paced, visionary position for a talented individual to oversee and execute all aspects of classroom and internship programming. The Program Manager is responsible for inspiring and exposing talented youth to a viable and impactful career path. As part of a small nonprofit organization, the Program Manager has the opportunity to collaborate with development, execute event planning, and participate in long-range strategic planning. The BrandLab is looking for someone with passion for the mission and a love of teaching, learning, and building.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Kansas City Executive Director but will collaborate with many stakeholders to ensure high quality of all TBL programs. TBL is a small team with a mighty reach; members of the team support and collaborate effectively.
Main job responsibilities:
Partnership + Relationship Building
- Manage all school partnerships, relevant industry relationships, and student/intern recruitment, including physically going to partner schools.
- Recruit and secure host sites for summer intern training (college campuses, agency field trips, other hosting needs).
- Support, inspire, and build meaningful relationships with TBL interns
- Inspire and recruit volunteers on an ongoing basis.
Teaching + Curriculum
- Train all TBL volunteers and workshop staff on curriculum and necessary programming; step in to support instructor when necessary.
- Lead all summer on-boarding and training of interns and supervisors.
- Ensure that all workshop staff and internship stakeholders are aligned and supported.
- Align local programming with TBL National – expectations, scale, quality assurance
- Manage all program logistics: scheduling, size of class, material prep, etc.
- Oversee implementation of all intern application processes
- Oversee and secure all volunteers for classroom and summer programming.
- Communicate with interns and supervisors on a weekly basis to ensure supervisors are equipped throughout the summer to deliver a high quality internship for TBL interns.
- Accountability of capturing data in internships and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree or two to three years experience in nonprofit program management
- Education, teaching, mentoring or training experience
- Proven track record of working with/advocating for historically marginalized populations
- Effective communicator, both written and verbally
- Strong organizational skills, project management experience
- Passion for supporting equity for youth
- Reliable access to transportation and may require physical movement and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree and two to three years experience working with a nonprofit/cause
- Salesforce experience and/or experience in data collection
- Strong tech skills in Google suite
- Experience and knowledge of the marketing industry
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, including:
- Annual salary range of $42,000 - $46,000 depending on qualifications
- Flexible time off policy, work schedule, and work locations
- Health benefits with HSA option
- Mileage reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan
- Laptop computer provided
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development and training
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the Kansas City Executive Director, Ghadeer M. Garcia at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until September 27, 2019. This position will begin in October.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999