Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Manager, HopeKids Kansas City
Position: Program Manager (Salaried, Full Time exempt)
Location: Kansas City Chapter
Reports to: Kansas City Executive Director
Benefits: Flexible work hours, health care covered 100% (medical, dental, optical), 401(k)
Position Summary: The Program Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director to provide an on-going calendar of events for HopeKids families, while assisting with necessary operational functions. The Program Manager should exhibit an outgoing, polite and friendly personality, while being able to multi-task projects and cope with the emotional strain related to working with children facing life-threatening medical conditions.
- Agree to serve within our Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles - www.hopekids.org/who-we-are/
- Act within accordance of the organization’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability establishing and maintaining relationships with community partners, corporate and individual donors and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree
- Flexible work hours requiring nights and weekends
- Must be able to work from home and have a designated office space
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have a reliable insured vehicle
- Must have a valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to HopeKids insurance provider
- Must reside in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area
- Required to transport materials weighing up to 30 pounds from a vehicle to a building as well as preparing facilities for events, with or without assistance
- Plan, coordinate and implement HopeKids ongoing calendar of events—our "HopeDay Program.”
- Attend HopeKids events and oversee/assist with all necessary details that involve working with event partners; maintaining accurate registration lists; distributing tickets; directing volunteers; taking photographs; interacting with families; appropriately acknowledging program partners.
- Establish relationships/friendships with and respond to questions from HopeKids families.
- Strategically participate in business/social-networking/community events to build relationships and create market awareness, leading to new HopeKids partnerships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program event partners.
- Maintain operational documents either in Google Drive or elsewhere as directed by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Prior fundraising experience is desirable, but not a prerequisite. While not directly responsible for the overall fundraising plan, fundraising duties will include:
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations from event partners for programmatic activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with the donors who sponsor HopeDay Program events
- Assist Executive Director with the planning and coordination of special events (i.e. Golf Tournament, Walk/Run)
- Secure donations of raffle, auction item and prizes from program partners and other constituents to be used at fundraising events
- Assist with strategizing on individual, corporate and foundation cultivation and grant applications and report writing
- Represent HopeKids at third-party fundraising events
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a strong and knowledgeable spokesperson for HopeKids programs and events.
- Maintain strong communication with Executive Director and other HopeKids staff.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skilled in operation of MAC computers and office equipment (printer, scanner, smart phone); must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive.
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of HopeKids’ website and event management system.
- Ability to learn programs such as eTapestry (CRM) and SignUpGenius.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with HopeKids families, event partners, volunteers, and donors.
- Needs to be a self starter and self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Positive and outgoing personality
- Comfortable around people
- Enjoys being around kids
Contact: Please send cover letter and resumes to email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999