Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Manager - Service Extension
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Objective: This position will provide project management for the Service Extension department with an emphasis on volunteer development, seasonal projects, fundraising, thrift store tracking and development, organization, internal coordination and compliance, and high-level communications.
- Manage Thrift Store production
- Manage relations with select donors as directed
- Manage seasonal projects as directed
- Coordinate national and territorial initiatives
- Serve as Compliance and Training Coordinator (Maintain Social Worker Training, Safe From Harm, Property Inspections, Volunteer Trainings, Etc.)
- Manage grants
- Serve as DHQ departmental liaison and coordinator
- Assist in communicating and corresponding with the various departments at Divisional Headquarters
- Assist the Service Extension Director with duties during staff time off
- Assist department volunteers in performing tasks including, but not limited to, seasonal programs, funding drives, communications
- Organize protocol, best practices, supplemental tools for volunteer network and field units
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Service Extension
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; fields of study including business, management, communications, and/or marketing preferred
Experience: Business and/or administration, project management, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; volunteer management and team organization preferred; grant writing preferred; donor management software preferred
- Interact professionally with all stakeholders including, but not limited to, staff, clients, vendors, donors, volunteers, board members, philanthropic decision-makers, and officers
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and employee manuals
- Present information in one-on-one and small group situations to volunteers, clients, other internal departments, and staff members.
- Make sound decisions based on a variety of information and input.
- Perform basic math functions
- Perform under stressful conditions
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
- Respond to urgent matters in a calm and effective manner
- Complete projects on schedule
- Maintain confidentiality
- Operate basic office equipment including telephone, personal computer, copier, fax machine, and scanning equipment
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance
Physical Requirements: Include speaking, hearing and vision ability; manual dexterity; lifting, pulling and pushing materials up to 25 pounds; bending, squatting, and walking; sitting for extended periods of time; standing for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel: Occasional travel throughout the division, average less than 1 week/month
Driving: Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Working Conditions: Daily work is performed in a typical office environment; may require some weekend and evening work. Event work may include hotels, indoor/outdoor venues, Corps Community Centers, and other public venues.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999