Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implements and monitors individualized services based on person centered principles; and, oversee Person Center Plan (PCP) implementation and documentation;
- Acts as the direct contact person with EITAS/KCRO for ensuring that PCPs are in accordance with Missouri Quality Outcomes and that pertinent information is included;
- Supervises program staff in behavior management, crisis intervention, behavioral counseling, along with monitoring the protection of residents rights;
- Is prepared to chair resident staffing’s, and is prepared to chair annual resident planning meetings;
- Works with EITAS/KCRO to ensure that annual PCP meeting schedules are in accordance with state records;
- Submits all Annual Plan-related documentation according to Annual Plan schedule;
- Maintains Case Record Book (CRB) to including the following:
* Updating identification form (IDF)
* Updating training employment record
* Completing guardian contact and documenting in Therap
* Filling our monthly lab orders and submitting to Residential Specialist
* Filling out HIPAA release forms
* Complete and return Medicaid Recertification forms
* Complete Med Ed Sheets, AIMS and Choking Assessment for RN signature;
* Complete consent forms - medical, transportation, photo, training,
etc... for guardian signatures.
- Serves as chairperson of a quarterly, standing committee;
- Completes discharge summaries and follow-up of residents leaving the agency or transforming to other locations within the agency;
- Facilitates monthly program meetings at each site;
- Alters personal schedule when needed to observe all program operations;
- Formally reviews on a monthly basis, or as needed, resident progress, medical records and documentation in Therap, case records, resident money ledgers and cash balances;
- Completes, updates and submits monthly reviews to Support Coordinators;
- Corresponds with referring agencies and day service agencies for program related issues;
- Is familiar with DMH regulations and develops training services within those guidelines, and provides in-service training as required;
- Attends meetings and in-service training as scheduled;
- Intervenes in resident behavior problems and counsels as necessary.
Essential Functions - Community Living Supervision
- Co-supervises Residential Specialist along with Program Director as directed;
- Communicates with Residential Specialist and Lead Direct Support Specialist daily to provide consistency in addressing resident needs and the overall running of the home;
- Is responsible for disciplinary matters along with Residential Specialist which include minor policy and procedure violations;
- Serves as the contact person for relaying house/programmatic information to the Program Director;
- Assists with completing and reviewing staff evaluations with Residential Specialist;
- Is on-call for occasional or extended absence of a Residential Specialist
- Communication Proficiency
- Person Centered focused
- Has sufficient field experience to meet state guidelines and ability to pass training courses in
- Sufficient experience in individualized program development
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and type in English
- Valid Missouri Chauffeur's License or Kansas Class C license
Directly supervises Residential Specialist
This job operates in either a group home, Independent Supported Living and/or Administrative Office setting with exposure to high levels of noise, human elements such as (blood, urine, etc.); frequent interruptions and fast paced working conditions. In this role standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines are routinely used. Office space utilizes two floors requiring navigating stairs.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, climb or bend. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Also requires stepping up into commercial passenger vans as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with core hours of work from 8:30am-5:00pm. This position may require “after” hour work as well as some weekend work
Travel will be throughout the metropolitan area with the possibility of occasional travel outside the metro area as business dictates using your personal vehicle or agency vehicle
Required Education and/or Experience
Non-Degreed – High school diploma, three years’ experience as Residential Specialist
Degreed – Bachelor’s degree in education, rehabilitation or related social or behavioral science field and has a minimum of two years’ experience as Residential Specialist
Degreed - Bachelor’s degree in education, rehabilitation or related social or behavioral science field and has a minimum of two years’ of supervisory experience with persons with developmental disabilities or related field
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in education, rehabilitation or closely related field; one or more years of direct service experience with persons with DD, two years of program management and staff supervisory experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None at this time
Job Type: Full Time