Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Project Coordinator, Foster Grandparents
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1394655/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Coordinator-Foster-Grandparents
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by Catholic Social Teachings. The Project Coordinator for Foster Grandparents assists the Project Director in recruiting, training, and supporting Foster Grandparent volunteers. The Project Coordinator represents the program in the absence of Project Director. Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the broadest definition of neighbor and the characteristics that make them unique, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, social-economic status, education, immigration status, national origin, language, family or marital status, political affiliation, disability and religious beliefs.
- Assists the Project Director in actively recruiting new Foster Grandparent volunteers.
- Assists the Project Director in coordinating Foster Grandparent volunteer activities.
- Calculates monthly timesheets and submits to Accounting Department by the 7th day of every month.
- Assists the Project Director in developing a minimum of six in-service programs per fiscal year.
- Assists the Project Director in planning new Foster Grandparent orientations, and planning holiday and recognition events.
- Assists Project Director to ensure Volunteer Assignment Plans are received and completed for each Foster Grandparent volunteer and tracks the achievements.
- Attends Advisory Council meetings and submit minutes to Program Director.
- Assists Project Director in tracking and reporting CCNEK program integrations across all Mission Operations.
- Represents program at community or state meetings if the Project Director is unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance, and a verified safe driving record.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Must possess demonstrable strong computer skills that include Microsoft Excel, Publisher or Canva, and social media.
- Ideal candidate will have volunteer management/coordination experience.
- Three years of experience working with senior populations of varied social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds preferred.
- Three years of office administrative experience preferred. Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must maintain confidentiality in all tasks.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and standing, bending and moving.
- The ability to complete assignments in all types of weather and ever-changing and sometimes allergenic environments in homes of those we serve, including extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
- Must have good mobility to make visits to a variety of home environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing steep stairs.
- Must have good hearing and speech ability to communicate with others.
- Must have good vision for driving and accessing conditions for those we serve.
SALARY RANGE: $18 - $20/hour depending upon experience
Job Type: Full Time