Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Refugee Resettlement Program Specialist
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1754625/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Program-Specialist-Refugee-Resettlement
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas by providing educational opportunities for refugees and immigrants through the Refugee Learning Center program of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. EEO.
- Teach cultural orientation classes on topics required for all new refugees and other eligible immigrant populations in the first 90 days of life in United States using selected curriculum. Provide individualized cultural orientation classes to students with transportation or childcare barriers.
- Assist with enrollments and testing for English classes, as needed.
- Assist Reception & Placement case management team, as needed.
- Maintain detailed case notes of participants involved in programs, completing all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements and agency quality assurance standards.
- Conduct program services in a culturally sensitive manner and maintain confidentiality of all clients.
- Accurately complete data entry by inputting secure client details and program enrollment information into Apricot database system and Client Track, as needed.
- Provide or arrange transportation for refugees to attend appointments as needed.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- At least one year of experience working effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual required.
- Minimum high school diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience working with refugees, especially in U.S. resettlement program, desired. Preferred experience working in a classroom setting.
- Establish highly effective relationships with clients, community agencies, volunteers, and other staff members.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form in English and have excellent presentation skills for large and small groups.
- Must be able to type and know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to ensure accuracy in participation tracking and case management reporting.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse, with a familiarity of refugee populations and able to ensure confidentiality of all clients.
- Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License and a verified safe driving record as well as reliable means of transportation for local travel to complete client services.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time