Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Workforce Training Program Coordinator
Clarkson Construction Company is a leader in delivering innovative solutions to some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the Midwest. Now in its sixth generation, family-owned Clarkson continues to set the standard using 21st Century technology to connect our communities and move them closer to the future.
Clarkson is currently seeking a Workforce Training Program Coordinator (WTPC) to administer and monitor the Workforce Training Program. The Workforce Training Program Coordinator will report to the TWEP Executive Director on recommendations for procedures and standards for the program, as it relates to training program participants for the workforce.
- Coordinate all recruitment initiatives for the Workforce Training Program including leading, organizing and coordinating all activities leading up to Application Day and Subcontractor Interviews and serving as the on-site representative for the program.
- Work with Clark | Weitz | Clarkson to determine class curriculum, number of classes, and size.
- Schedule and maintain shop and classroom areas for course instruction.
- Monitor all classes, and coordinate classes with the instructors, allocating time needed for oral
instruction, films, slides, reading materials, hands-on training, and testing when required.
- Prepare and organize all participant materials prior to each Workforce Training Program class.
- Revise and confirm daily class schedule prior to each Workforce Training Program
- Bring recommendations, with documented evidence, to the TWEP Executive Director regarding
retention, discipline, or discharge of participants during the three week training program.
- Collaborate with the Workforce Retention Coordinator on sensitive issues regarding retention of
program graduates, as necessary.
- Provide rigorous and documented evaluation of program participants, making final recommendation to
the TWEP Executive Director whether each participant has sufficient knowledge of the subject matter to
receive a certificate of completion.
- Ensure that all Workforce Training Program graduates are successfully registered in the Unions’
apprenticeship programs before working on the Project.
- Maintain detailed class records for verification of attendance and completion of class work.
- Make weekly oral and written reports to the TWEP Executive Director on the WTP participant progress
and issues during the three week training program.
- Lead, organize, and coordinate all aspects of Workforce Training Program graduation.
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent
Have at least 7 years’ experience in the construction industry, workforce development, or the social
- Possess knowledge and experience of commercial construction, workplace etiquette, and conflict
- Must have experience leading in a classroom environment.
- Study, review, and aid in developing subject matter to be taught to participants.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse multiple subcontractors, trades, community
stakeholders and project stakeholders.
- Possess knowledge of the commercial construction industry and field-based experience.
- Must maintain a valid drivers’ license, carry appropriate auto insurance and have reliable transportation.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals, blueprints, course curriculum,
summarize such materials, and make oral and written class presentations.
- Be able to pass routine drug, alcohol tests, and background check as required.
- Be familiar with equipment, hand tools, power tools, and training aids
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time