Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Kids Win Missouri is looking for a dynamic leader who will coordinate advocacy activities among stakeholders and implement external communication strategies to advance policies and system changes to better support children and families.
About Kids Win Missouri
Kids Win Missouri is a non-partisan, statewide coalition representing child well-being practitioners, advocates, and parents. Its work spans early childhood development, education, health, child safety and economic security of families. Formed in 2013 as the Missouri Children’s Leadership Council, the organization has quickly fostered a reputation as a respected and influential voice on policies impacting children and families in Missouri. The organization rebranded as Kids Win Missouri in 2017. Its work in educating policymakers and the public and promoting the well-being of Missouri children has contributed to the creation of the state Office of Childhood, tens of millions of dollars of new annual funding for Pre-K education, raising the age of adult prosecution, increasing access to quality early childhood education and protecting and securing additional federal funding for critical children’s programs. An Executive Director and an active Board of Directors lead the organization.
About the Position
This is a full-time position that includes paid vacation, sick days and benefits. The annual salary for the position is $45,000-55,000. The new Advocacy Coordinator will work remotely and can be located anywhere in Missouri.
The position requires regular travel in Missouri throughout the year and may require out-of-state travel. As travel is necessary for the requirements of the position, the individual selected is expected to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. Physical demands of the position are typically those of a standard office environment, but also include working from non-office locations.
Depending on the activity, the position reports to both the Director of Policy and Advocacy and Director of Outreach and Engagement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with partners to organize advocacy events, with a goal of educating policymakers
- Support Kids Win Missouri’s network of stakeholders in advancing shared goals
- Provide trainings to stakeholders on policy and advocacy
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to develop and deliver effective messaging on key priorities
- Facilitate effective advocacy between stakeholders and policymakers, conduct one-on-one follow-ups, and identify opportunities and challenges
- Record interactions with stakeholders in a customer relations management database
- Work with partners to support business and community leader engagement
- Support the implementation of Kids Win Missouri’s public relations campaign and implement external communication strategies
- Other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required, associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience developing newsletters, social media, and strategic communications to target audiences
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders to advance shared goals
- Experience leading meetings in virtual and in-person settings
- Familiarity with standard office technology and platforms
- Knowledge of Missouri’s political landscape and policies impacting children and families a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter that includes why you are the best candidate for this position, a resume, and a writing sample to Brian Schmidt at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Kids Win Missouri does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religious or political affiliation, disability, veteran status, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999