Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Community Organizer (Police Reform)
Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity, Inc., is one of the greater KC area’s leading organizations working to ensure racial equity within the Kansas City region. This position would organize a voter engagement campaign (including legal and legislative strategies), aimed at restoring governance of the Kansas City Police Department to the city.
- Identify, with organizational and community leaders, a multi-pronged strategy that will include a legislative and/ or statewide ballot initiative; legal strategies; and a citywide vote.
- Develop campaign communications and materials.
- Develop relationships and maintain effective communications with policy makers; voters; clergy; community organizations.
- Drive all aspects of campaign strategy as developed by convened leaders.
- Annual starting salary of $48,000 with increase to $51,500 after probation period.
- Health Insurance Paid by employer
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Interested parties should send a resume’ and cover letter to
Lora McDonald, Executive Director
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999