Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President, Programming and Services
Purpose of the position: 1) Develop and increase client referral stream to WEN; 2) Educate public on mission and programming; 3) Develop volunteers; 4) Oversee Job Fairs; 5) Engage WEN alumni; 6) Facilitate workshops
- Outreach, Networking, and Recruitment: The Community Engagement Coordinator will be familiar with the community in WEN's demographic areas with particular attention to past trends of client service, including Jackson County, Johnson County, Clay County, Wyandotte County, and Platte County.
- Develop and maintain a contact list of various agencies and groups in bi-state Kansas City metro area.
- Make up to three contacts per week.
- Develop client pool segments and targets for presentations.
- Distribute WEN marketing information to participants.
- Send marketing mailings to groups, follow up with phone calls, set in-service appointments.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate outreach expansion efforts (WEN on the Road).
- Coordinate and schedule community speaking engagements with staff member representation to include WEN services, events and committee volunteer opportunities.
- Instruction/Facilitation: Training experience is necessary to work with staff members to effectively facilitate digital and in-person workshops, webinars and potential content creation.
- Material Design and Distribution: Materials need to be consistently updated and edited utilizing the marketing team. The Community Engagement Coordinator will ensure that all volunteer and alumni materials are updated and current.
- Update and maintain online volunteer application accessible via WEN website.
- Coordinate the creation of invitations, save-the-dates, and thank you letters as needed.
- Identify volunteer and alumni information and spotlights for the marketing team to place in the e-newsletter.
- Data Evaluation and Maintenance: The Community Engagement Coordinator will need to be familiar with utilization of Client Management Systems and Excel in order to search for, input, and evaluate client, volunteer, and alumni information. Additionally, the Community Engagement Coordinator will track and input community outreach information.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will gather and manage qualitative and quantitative data on program presentations.
- Develop evaluation tools for volunteer presentations.
- Collect, code, and store evaluations.
- Produce monthly tracking reports for number served, county served, number of WEN registrants derived from outreach efforts.
- Oversee the collection of contact information, hours served, and updates of volunteers in CMS.
- Oversee the collection of contact information, hours of contact, and updates of community partners in Biz-Trakker.
- Reporting and Presenting:
- Attend occasional resource fairs and provide mini-presentations on material.
- Develop lunch-and-learn presentations at WEN on client off days.
- Give presentations in the field.
- Keep abreast of women’s issues, women in employment, labor force, employment trends and reports to Chief Development Officer.
- Develop in-service trainings for various agency staff, women’s groups, and community groups on the topic of women/employment/WEN services.
- Job Fair: The Community Engagement Coordinator will take leadership of the Job Fairs.
- Oversee the recruitment of employers to participate in Job Fairs and keep organized records of receipts and communications.
- Evaluate marketing and sponsor partnership campaigns for employer and job seeker recruitment. Identify best practices utilizing the marketing team.
- Recommend methods to keep the Job Fair relevant and well attended.
- Volunteer Engagement:
- Develop efficient way to organize volunteers so that they are rotated effectively.
- Secure mock interviewers and resume reviewers per session; reserving spots for new volunteers and for veteran volunteers.
- Release session schedule for volunteer sign-up for 3 sessions at a time.
- Schedule and perform volunteer orientations.
- Alumni Engagement:
- Develop honor-aria for speaking engagements to offset cost of time, materials, or mileage.
- Connect with each incoming class and work with VP of Programming & Services and Director of Employment & Client Services to identify and flag client leaders.
- Recruit two alumni volunteers per 5-week session to present to current class.
- Work with alumni leaders to schedule quarterly alumni meet-up events.
Qualifications: BS or BA degree in the social and behavioral sciences, business or related field. Strong speaking and presentations skills. Professional look and demeanor. Research and writing skills. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills. Exceptional digital skills to deliver webinar and digital workshops. Must possess strong facilitator skills both digitally and in-person.
Must be able to travel, including driving to various locations in bi-state Kansas City metro area. Must have flexible work schedule as trainings may occur during business hours, evenings, or weekends.
Purpose: To increase the number of referrals to WEN’s programs by social service agencies, government agencies, community agencies and networks, church groups, service organizations, women’s groups. To increase self-referrals from women and word of mouth by addressing potential client pools. To engage with corporate community partners in recruitment of volunteers and general awareness of WEN's services.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with Community Engagement Coordinator in subject line. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full Time