Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Missourians for Alternative to the Death Penalty - Part Time Organizer
MADP Part-Time Organizer Position Description
Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the use of the death penalty in the state of Missouri through a combination of public education, voter engagement, and grassroots organizing. We seek to educate Missourians about the costs of our state’s death penalty through policy, legislative, and cultural change. We work with faith communities, community groups and organizations, legislators, people directly affected by the death penalty, and grassroots supporters, and various local and national partners. MADP is currently seeking a part-time Organizer. The Organizer’s primary responsibility is to coordinate programming and services to forward the mission of death penalty abolition in the state. The selected candidate must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This individual focuses on communications and events coordination, organizational skills are a must.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Maintain daily office and administrative tasks.
- Enter grants, donations, and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Submit reimbursements, payments and honorariums, etc. to organization accountant.
- Assist with grant writing, reporting, and research - maintain grant records and tracking.
- Maintain fundraising records and generate projected fundraising reports.
- Assist Executive Director, Board of Directors, and chapter members and volunteers as needed.
- Maintain all social media and web accounts, using strategic messaging and responsiveness to increase outreach.
- Update constituents and board.
- Track media and reporting related to the death penalty, criminal justice in Missouri, etc.
- Research, draft, and edit reports, correspondence, talking points, infographics, and other communications as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for events and meetings as directed by ED and chapters.
- Seek partners in faith, academic, activist, and other communities for events and other efforts.
- Draft communications materials ? Build relationships and work with local and national media.
- Represent the organization at MADP-hosted and other events in the community - facilitate panels and other public speaking events.
This position will work from our Kansas City office but requires some travel throughout the state of Missouri. Some trips will require an overnight stay.
Characteristics and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills strategies to successfully manage a number of tasks and projects simultaneously, on a daily and longer-term basis.
- Personal commitment to MADP’s mission to abolish the death penalty.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to work with other volunteers, interns, and diverse communities in the nonprofit arenas.
- Excellent work ethic and flexibility; creative problem-solving skills.
- Calm, poised and resourceful with the ability to prioritize assignments and achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the criminal justice system, racial justice issues, and sociopolitical dynamics of the state of Missouri helpful.
- Computer and office software experience, social media experience preferred.
- Experience with graphic design and CRM systems preferred.
Hours and compensation:
- This position is funded for 25 hours per week at $15 per hour.
- In addition, this position includes a $400 monthly health care stipend.
- Total annual salary is $24,000.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, a resume, and contact information for three references to Elyse Max at email@example.com
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999