Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Project Manager, Energy Efficiency
BTG seeks an energy efficiency leader to promote energy efficiency incentives in the form of rebates to commercial customers in Evergy’s Missouri service territory. The Energy Project Manager coordinates closely with Evergy, which funds the position, its other contractors, and its thousands of customers, helping them to upgrade their heating, cooling, and lighting systems. The incumbent will possess or develop a thorough understanding of the incentives available, the process through which commercial customers apply for rebates, and the factors that distinguish standard rebate projects from custom projects. The project manager will also work with the City of Kansas City’s Office of Environmental Quality, which supervises compliance of businesses with city ordinances on energy efficiency. For this work, the applicant should also have, or will need to acquire, a working knowledge of Energy Star Portfolio Manager and how it is used to assess energy efficiency in buildings. The project manager will also work with Evergy and its contractors to plan and hold webinars to inform various industry sectors about commercial energy efficiency incentives and assist them in assessing the feasibility of undertaking energy efficiency projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Evergy Commercial Customer Outreach:
- Partner with Evergy contractors and external partners to solicit commercial customer participation in Missouri Energy Efficiency Investment Act (MEEIA) Cycle 3 rebate programs. This includes initial cold-calling, relationship building and project management for individual customers, particularly small and medium sized businesses.
- Contact existing BTG partners and allies in the business community to solicit their participation in Evergy rebate programs.
- On Evergy’s behalf, work with the City of KCMO’s Office of Environmental Quality to identify businesses who have completed Energy Star benchmarking, in compliance with city ordinances, and encourage them to qualify for rebates. Assist the KCMO General Services division to make city-owned buildings more energy-efficient and apply for rebates.
- Recruit attendance at Evergy events to engage specific industry sectors, such as school districts or municipalities, in Evergy efficiency programs.
- Engage with designated customers provided by Evergy’s Business Center to promote Business Energy Savings programs and other energy solutions, including customers who are in arrears or under 7-month rate reviews.
- Work with other Bridging The Gap staff to maximize the effectiveness of business relationships, for example building a business data base, encourage membership in the BTG Green Business Network, or refer businesses for recycling consultations.
Other job-related duties as assigned and subject to reasonable accommodation.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution; business background and/or knowledge of energy efficiency in buildings a plus
- Sales experience, particularly cold-calling, preferred
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to problem-solve
- Strong communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills: pleasant phone manner, listening, writing, and public presentations. Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and follow through on details
- Command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
The Energy Efficiency Project Manager will work in an office setting or from home 80%-90% percent of the time. The other 10%-20% of the time will be spent in the field conducting site visits, presenting to community groups, and performing other duties as required.
Ability to communicate effectively by telephone.
Salary & Benefits
Position is 20 hours per week, with a possibility to convert to more hours if additional funding becomes available. (Employees are not eligible for subsidized health insurance benefits until a 30-hour position is secured.) Vacation days and sick days are prorated to this half-time position: 5 working days of paid vacation in the first year, plus paid time off for the week between Christmas and New Year’s. Other benefits include negotiable working schedules, a supportive team atmosphere and a dog-friendly office.
Pay range is $19-$23 per hour.
Bridging The Gap is an equal opportunity employer and understands the value of having a team with a diversity of experiences and perspectives to optimize our potential for compassion, collaboration, creativity and excellence in service. BTG encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send (email preferred) a cover letter relating your education and experience to this position and your resume to:
Bridging The Gap
Attn: Kristin Riott, Executive Director
1427 W 9th St, #201
Kansas City, MO 64101
Job Type: Part Time