Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Administration & Development Coordinator
Administration & Development Coordinator
Our development and communications strategy at Community Services League (CSL) is a vital part of celebrating and sharing not only what we do but “why” we do it. Our capacity to tell stories and tell them well, give voice to the passion we have for all that we do and for our mission-focused work – helping create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of our neighbors. The Marketing & Communications Manager is key to our success and requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented and motivated person to serve as a key conceptual contributor to our organizational storytelling, communicating to CSL consumers, neighbors and community stakeholders, helping to foster and expand CSL’s social capital throughout the community, and promoting the holistic view and value of CSL’s mission.
The Administration and Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting executive team administrative duties as assigned and all fundraising administrative duties of Community Services League (CSL). This Coordinator must be passionate about human services work, be able to manage and track more than one project at a time (high functioning multi-taskers please apply) and be detail oriented. We welcome those with experience and/or an interest in learning how to sustain a large non-profit through a communications strategy that supports philanthropy. Strong communication skills, flexibility and experience with self-supervision are important.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
• Administrative Duties
- Manage the executives’ calendars, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executives’ behalf
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing hospitality needs when necessary
- Answer phone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality, privacy and professional conduct at all times
- Precise daily gift entry, receipting and thank you notes
- Accurately track donor information
- Administer and track agency tax credits by completing donor applications and submitting them to the State assuring of accuracy and timeliness of forms, donor receipts and the tax credit process
- Provide ongoing donor database updates and maintenance in DonorPerfect/database
- Pull reports as needed by team
- Work with finance team on reconciliation and reporting, ensuring all fundraising dollars are accounted for and accurately allocated to the appropriate program
- Provide regular database trainings and updates to development team and others as assigned
- Donor and prospect research as assigned by CDO
- Prepare materials in advance of donor and cultivation meetings
- Assist with the development and maintenance of programmatic and organizational dashboards and strategic planning
• Event Planning and support
- Assists with planning as assigned including but not limited to: registration, auction and resource coordination and solicitation
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated a minimum of 2-4 years of progressive experience in marketing and communications, public relations events and working with outside agencies.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
Experience with DonorPerfect or other donor tracking software preferred
Fluency in Microsoft Office
Willingness to work as needed to accomplish the job requirements.
Must be willing to have a flexible schedule to attend events in the early morning, evenings and weekends.
Values teamwork while being able to problem-solve independently;
A willingness to take direction and can give or receive feedback responsibly;
A team player with a high energy level, strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, enthusiasm, initiative and flexibility who will represent Community Services League in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
Necessary Forms of Communication: Reading, Writing, Hearing, and Speaking English
Benefit Status: This position is eligible for excellent benefits, including paid time office (PTO), medical and dental insurance, Simple IRA retirement with company contributions, life, and disability insurance.
Full Time/Part Time Status: Full-time
Overtime (FLSA) Status: Exempt
Hours/Schedule & General Working Conditions:
Standard hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. This schedule may occasionally vary depending on the needs of the position, including special events and/or programs on nights and weekends. This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. The employee will routinely operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, keyboards, mouse, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Typical physical competencies include but are not limited to frequently remaining stationary, moving, reaching, positioning self and occasionally ascending/descending, lifting/moving objects weighing between 5-15 pounds. This job also entails frequently communicating, discerning and exchanging information, detecting and perceiving objects up close, at a distance, and the ability to adjust focus. Cognitive abilities include but are not limited to frequently using discretion, judgment, reasoning, memory, learning, maintaining confidentiality, comprehension, problem solving, and decision-making.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and begins at a base compensation of $41,601 annually.
All employees must demonstrate a commitment to Community Services League’s Equity and Inclusion efforts.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999