Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
We are Hiring:
Founded in 1969 by the Daughters of Charity and the Ladies of Charity of Metropolitan Kansas City, Seton Center, a Community Health Ministry of Ascension Health, is dedicated to serving neighbors in need in Kansas City’s urban core.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Seton Center has evolved into a comprehensive community and neighborhood center providing a food pantry, rent and utility assistance, thrift store, and one of Kansas City’s largest safety net dental clinics.
Seton Center is funded through foundation grants, donations from individuals, corporations, civic groups and faith communities, and fees for dental services.
Seton Center helps break cycles of poverty through our dental, social and educational programs that address current community needs. If you are passionate about social justice and health equity, are innovative and entrepreneurial, come join our team!
What you will do:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for meeting and greeting incoming visitors making a positive impact on those connecting with us. This position strives to make all those coming to or connecting with our services comfortable and at ease. This position also serves in an administrative capacity to the needs of the Seton Leadership Team. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this position will provide top tier customer service to our Seton neighbors as well as Seton staff members while preserving human dignity.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that all individuals are able to perform the essential job functions.
- Manage building entry and check in Seton clients
- Process client intake paperwork
- Log services in Charity Tracker software
- Complete clothing closet vouchers and food pantry order slips
- Take all incoming calls, check all voicemails
- Answer or redirect questions from clients
- Point of contact for office supply ordering and food orders for meetings
- Point of contact for any maintenance needed for items like printing, phones and shredding
- Collect and disburse incoming mail, send outgoing mail
- Maintain master calendar
- Prep materials for meetings and other administrative tasks as needed
Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- High School diploma or equivalent years of applicable work experience
- 2+ years of reception or clerical experience
- Commitment to Seton’s mission statement and values
- Ability to make others comfortable, at ease and welcomed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks comfortably
- Positive attitude when answering phone, fielding inquiries, etc.
- Willingness to provide support to other departments as needed
- Maintain a professional approach to others
- React well under pressure and accept responsibility for own actions
Work Location: Seton Center is open Monday through Friday and work will take place on site at Seton Center, 2816 E 23rd Street, Kansas City, MO 64127.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999