Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Assistant, New Roots for Refugee Program
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas by providing day-to-day programming that serves refugee populations in the Kansas City area through the New Roots for Refugees program: a program helping refugees start their own small businesses growing and selling organically grown produce. This position will facilitate communication and learning for farmers and coordinate sales and deliveries of New Roots produce in the metro area. EEO.
- Provide interpretation services for field walks, farm classes, equipment trainings, wholesale interactions, and markets
- Expand training opportunities for New Roots farmers through attending and interpreting for conferences and meetings in the agriculture community
- Coordinate and deliver produce orders to customers in the Kansas City metro area
- Work with culturally-specific grocery stores and restaurants to build pathways for wholesaling
- Assist farmers at market when necessary
- Help graduate farmers develop their farm sites
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Other duties as assigned.
(The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Essential functions must be performed by the individual in the position, with or without reasonable accommodations. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in social work or human service field; experience with teaching or curriculum development and/or familiarity with diversified vegetable farming preferred
- Must be willing to live by the agency’s Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self- Control and Joy
- High school diploma or equivalent; college hours preferred
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: Burmese, Chin (Falam or Hakha)
- Experience working with refugees and immigrants
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to interact effectively with government agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be flexible in work schedule- some evenings, weekends and early mornings are required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to squat, get in and out of a truck bed, set up tents and tables
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Part Time