Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician Coordinator
DCCCA provides social and community services that improve the safety, health and well-being of those we serve. Assisting individuals and families throughout Kansas and Oklahoma, DCCCA has proudly served the residents of our communities with a spirit of openness and acceptance for more than 45 years.
First Step at Lake View offers substance abuse treatment designed to meet the unique needs of women, pregnant women, and women with dependent children. Treatment interventions include: non-medical detox, short term residential treatment, intensive outpatient services with or without supportive housing, outpatient counseling and primary healthcare collaboration. A licensed childcare, parenting, case management and mental health services are integrated into the holistic treatment program. First Step at Lake View is situated in a quiet campus setting with large areas of green space and relaxing views from all areas of the grounds and a high quality children’s playground. Outpatient substance abuse or mental health counseling are offered via tele-health technology or in office sessions.
FT Technician Coordinator
- Creates a trauma informed, therapeutic, and accountable residential treatment facility environment for adults struggling with substance use disorder. Role model and ensure the BH Technician Team is effectively trained, coached and supervised to:
- Implement a staffing schedule that addresses necessary coverage and ratio requirements
- Follow the program schedule, consistently plan and facilitate identified structured activities, and engage in other client activity planning as requested
- Actively engage clients throughout the day, supporting treatment plan goals and offering opportunities to practice recovery concepts
- Supervise and document client self-administration of medication
- Monitor client interactions and task completion, reinforcing program and behavior contract expectations, redirecting or implementing established consequences if expectations are not met
- Coordinate and, at times, facilitate client transportation as needed or requested
- Assess and resolve incidences, consulting Clinical staff and program leadership as needed
- Effectively implement other duties per BH Technician, Lead Technician and BH Technician Supervisor job descriptions
- Ensures administrative functions are completed timely either through direct completion or monitored delegation to BH Technician Team members. Functions may include application, assignment and documentation of food stamp and childcare benefits; monitoring facility licensing and accreditation standard adherence; responding to agency administrative departments timely
- Serves on facility leadership team and department Coordinator team; engages in leadership development, agency-wide strategic teams, and communicates agency information to his or her staff team timely and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required; masters preferred
- Three to five years’ work experience in a treatment, residential, healthcare, or related environment required
- Two years’ experience supervising a staff team required
- Prior experience with an adult behavioral health population and an understanding of the program model preferred
- Licensed Addiction Counselor licensure preferred
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999