Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
About FosterAdopt Connect
FosterAdopt Connect (FAC) works with children, youth, and families as they navigate the complexities of the child welfare system. With the help of innovative tools, a dedicated professional staff, and over 20 years of experience working in the Kansas and Missouri foster care systems, we’re equipped to connect children with families that provide love, healing, and stability for a brighter future and offer programs to ensure their success.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive, exciting team! FosterAdopt Connect works with children, youth, and adults as they navigate the complexities of the child welfare system. Join us in changing the lives of foster children, one family at a time.
Job Summary: The Behavioral Interventionist (BI) works one-on-one in the home and/or community with youth who struggle with behavioral management to the degree it threatens the stability of their living situation. The families in this program have varying levels of communication, parenting, organizational, and cleanliness skill sets. Our job is to work with all families, regardless of skill levels displayed. It is the expectation that the assigned BI continue the case assignment, regardless of family dynamics or home conditions.
This is a part-time position with schedule of afternoon, evenings, and/or weekends. Full-time positions may also be available.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide one-on-one services to clients enrolled in the Behavioral Interventionist program, following requirements and policies of agency, contracts, state regulations and COA standards at all times.
- Maintain strong, open communication with caregivers of clients to ensure service efficacy and approval of agenda and activities during shifts. Adhere to family routines and structure, as established.
- Provide direct supervision to client at all times.
- Assist clients through completion of daily responsibilities, activities, and living skills.
- Provide direction, coaching, and approved intervention strategies at all times.
- Actively and regularly engage with client by using approved Bruce Perry trauma-informed brain stimulating activities.
- Adhere to the goals established in the Individualized Behavioral Objective Plan to help youth work toward and achieve treatment goals.
- Model positive behavior and effective problem-solving techniques.
- Complete all shift documentation within twenty-four (24) hours of a shift worked.
- Maintain strong, open communication with direct supervisor regarding services delivered, concerns, or questions.
- Participate as an active team member by attending and participating in all scheduled staff meetings (bi-monthly) and professional development trainings.
- Meet with client’s professional team and attend court hearings as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in monthly supportive supervision with direct supervisor.
- Maintain First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of high school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related human services field preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience working with youth with elevated behavioral needs.
- Must be willing and able to perform safety holds on clients who are at immediate risk for harming themselves or others.
- Must be able to navigate stairs, climb, twist, bend, and lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must have smart phone (Android/iPhone) and laptop/computer willing to use for work purposes.
- Willing to commute up to 30 minutes to a client’s home.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Solid commitment to the principles of support and advocacy for foster and adoptive families.
- The ability to collaborate and advocate for positive outcomes, using excellent interpersonal skills in multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic professional teams.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability; able to shift styles to fit the needs of a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations.
- Flexible schedule.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (preferred).
- Paid Time Off/Vacation accrual after 90 days
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health services.
- Paid initial & on-going training
- Hourly range $20-$24/hour, commensurate with degree level and experience
APPLY HERE: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1119455/Foster-Adopt-Connect-Inc/Behavioral-Interventionist-Part-Time
FosterAdopt Connect does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its programs or services. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and members.
Foster care, child welfare, behavioral health, in-home health, in-home behavioral health, child care, social worker, home health aide, in-home child care, child mental health, in-home mental health, child health care, child behavioral health care, youth behavioral health, youth mental health, direct care, social work, youth, foster youth, social services, child services, child advocate, behavior Intervention, behavioral management, BSW, BS/BA Ed.
Job Type: Part Time