Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Bridge Housing Case Manager
Bridge Housing Case Manager
Community Services League is a 100+ year-old nonprofit agency that provides integrated social services to make a meaningful and lasting difference in people's lives.
The Housing Case Manager at Community Services League (CSL) is responsible for the oversight and implementation of CSL's Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) HUD Housing contract and homeless street outreach activities.
The chosen candidate reports to CSL's Vice President of Housing Services and will provide the following services and management oversight, and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
Client Assistance: Helping clients achieve economic stability through needs identification, program assistance, support, referrals, training, or other interventions, initiatives, or efforts using directive and supportive behavior.
- Assist with the coordination of homeless outreach activities.
- Coordinate medium- and long-term rental assistance
- Coordinates housing searches, survivor advocacy support including liaising with landlords, and financial management assistance (as needed) for the client to secure permanent and safe housing and to support housing retention of program participants.
- Screen all to ensure the qualifiers for an existing housing opportunity are available
- Provide strengths-based case management supports for up to 24 months
- Coordinate continuity of services with collateral agencies and coordinate services in the community.
- Attend required meetings (community, staff, Housing Placement Team, CoC, etc.)
- Provide internal referrals as needed for employment and financial coaching.
- Develop and revise goals plans regularly to ensure clients are maintaining their housing.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date client charts, recording progress made, and services provided and entering clients in our HMIS system Caseworthy in a timely manner, along with internal data collection systems.
- Monitor and review contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Prepare all necessary and required forms and documents to present for approval and implementation of financial assistance to clients.
- Develop and maintain client files with all documents verifying program requirements have been met.
- Develop, create, and provide accurate reports in a timely manner as needed to evaluate and/or support proposed projects or programs.
- Monitor all direct assistance funds and communicate special needs to supervisor.
- Work with staff to coordinate efficient and effective delivery of services and to eliminate gaps and reduce duplication of offered services.
- Establish a plan of ongoing reviews and audits to verify our use of resources.
- Establish a plan of ongoing meetings, one-on-one meetings, introductions, lunches, tours for your service area of individuals and groups, and maintain a plan for ongoing interactions.
- Network with local agencies, service groups, elected officials, community groups, churches, local businesses, and others in the service area. This includes but is not limited to establishing an email contact list to inform the community of programs, information, and events. It might be regular meetings and lunches to keep the community up to date on the agency activities. It might be a partnership with local media or others to exchange information on bulletin boards, websites, links, etc.
Education/Experience Required: The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work or a related field, and will have at least three years of relevant experience.
Hours/Schedule: The typical scheduled hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. From time to time, this schedule will vary depending on the needs of clients enrolled in the program. In addition, special events or resource fairs will require the individual to work some evenings or weekends.
Salary/Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience. CSL offers an employee health insurance plan, and a retirement savings plan, with company contributions, is available after the required tenure is met.
This position reports to Amber Dahl , Vice President of Housing Services.
All employees must demonstrate a commitment to Community Services League’s Equity and Inclusion efforts.
Job Type: Full Time