Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Campus Intake Specialist
Who we are:
For over 30 years, Community LINC has been a game-changer in serving and housing the most vulnerable families in our community. As such, we have demonstrated innovation by creating new housing programs that increased our capacity to serve more families; strengthened our programming to ensure that we are ending homelessness for this generation and the next; and transformed our service delivery model to one that has a broader community focus. We attract talented professionals through competitive salaries, excellent benefits, generous PTO, and by fully embracing the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, we are now accepting applications for a Resident Intake Specialist.
Community LINC staff share a common competency framework which guide our approach to services, inform our practices, and create our values of trust, integrity, transparency and mutual respect. Our goal is to drive communal change from homelessness to homefullness through innovation, creativity, strategic thinking, and flexibility. We are a team of like-minded fun loving individuals who truly believe that together we can create a home, a place, a community for everyone.
Who we are seeking:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented individual to oversee all aspects of the resident intake and exit process. This position ensures that residents entering and exiting our Interim Housing Program experience a streamlined, trauma-informed process. In addition, the person in this position will work closely with facilities/maintenance staff in the coordination and management of apartment turnovers.
The right candidate will:
· Have an understanding of the complexities of working with the homeless population
· Be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment
· Have exceptional self-management and organizational skills
· Perform simultaneous tasks
· Exhibit professionalism at all times
· Work well within a team
· Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills
What you will do:
· Assessment and Intake:
o Complete VAT assessments
o Coordinate and implement new resident occupancy and exit procedures, and provide hands-on support as needed
o Conduct new resident orientation sessions and exit interviews
· Resident Management:
o Facilitate new client move-ins
o Conduct apartment inspections in conjunction with case managers
o Function as liaison between facilities supervisor and residents
o Work with case manager and site manager to address community living issues
o Provide back-up support to program staff as needed
· Apartment Prep Management:
o Work with Facilities Manager regarding apartment turnovers
o Coordinate apartment prep teams and cleaning contractor
· Donation Management
o Coordinate and manage volunteers that are involved with purchasing, inventorying, shelving and disposing of donations
o Monitor donation drop box and coordinate pickup
· Record Keeping and Reporting:
o Monitor and maintain apartment occupancy and prep grid
o Complete and submit monthly reports
o Timely and accurate entry of Caseworthy data
· Administrative/Other Duties
o Attend and participate in weekly one-on-one supervision and bi-monthly staff meetings,
o Participate in other meetings and trainings as assigned
o Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related field and at least one-year case management experience
· At least one year experience working with the homeless population
· Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
· Strong ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
· Well-developed verbal and written communication, public relations, organization and time management skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Trello
· Ability to work effectively with diverse people and attitudes
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.
· Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as an effective team member.
· Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
· Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision and values of Community LINC. Must possess a strong commitment to working with homeless and/or families in poverty.
· Commitment to the support of homeless families and Community LINC.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in ending homelessness in Kansas City for this generation and the next?
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Job Type: Full Time