Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Case Management Specialist
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is looking for a Case Management Specialist II to successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings while providing Strengths Based Case Management to our brothers and sisters in need. Conduct Strengths Assessments and develop and monitor appropriate action plans. Provide consultation, support, direct assistance, information and referrals to community resources. Maintain Case Management/HUD files for each program participant with appropriate documentation. Teach financial literacy, nutrition and healthy relationship classes as requested. EEO
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the needs of families applying for program assistance. Determine eligibility, appropriate funding and level of intervention. Ensure that programs are full at all times.
- Provide assistance with distribution of food and clothing resources as needed.
- Conduct comprehensive interviews with families and individuals requesting assistance. Assess the needs of families applying for Emergency Assistance. Determine eligibility for services and/or referrals.
- Conduct Strengths Assessments - Arizona Matrix or VISPADT (housing only) with each program participant.
- Assist clients to identify and monitor measurable and achievable goals with appropriate action steps.
- Assist Case Management clients to navigate mainstream social service systems and other appropriate resources.
- Maintain current information in the MAAC Link database. Maintain accurate hard copy Case Management files with appropriate documentation per funding guidelines.
- Provide oversight of housing for homeless families including all Catholic Charities sponsored homeless units. Provide case management for program participants for the duration of their contract.
- Manage diverse streams of funding. Maintain budgets using Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Compile monthly program data.
- Advocate for our brothers and sisters in need by networking and participating in community meetings as available.
- Teach Life Skills classes as needed; maintain class documentation and submit timely reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the utilization of Strengths Based Case Management with the homeless and emergency assistance population.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in record keeping.
- Facilitate collaborative relationships with other agencies and community service providers.
- In coordination and consultation with the Emergency Assistance Manager, represent Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas at community meetings and events.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Service field preferred.
- Must be willing to live by the agency's Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self- Control and Joy.
- 3-6 yrs. Case Management experience
- A passion for the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and Emergency Assistance Services.
- Previous emergency assistance and MaacLink experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas colleagues, contractors and funding sources
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable car and vehicle insurance
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to travel between sites as needed
- Preference for Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking