Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Case Manager, Afghan Placement and Assistance
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/760609/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Case-Manager-Afghan-Placement-and-Assistance
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the establishment and implementation of services as outlined in the Afghan Parolee Support Grant to support parolees in reaching self-sufficiency culturally and economically in a timely manner, Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the broadest definition of neighbor and the characteristics that make them unique, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, social-economic status, education, immigration status, national origin, language, family or marital status, political affiliation, disability and religious beliefs.
- Assists in providing reception services to newly arriving refugees, including meeting arrivals at airport, supporting their access to safe and appropriate housing, food, and other material needs.
- Provide assistance in core services such as accessing health services, enrolling children in school, accessing legal services, cultural orientation, and support access to other programs based on eligibility.
- Assists in developing a resettlement plan with clients stating steps to be taken and projected time frames to reach the goal of earliest possible employment and self-sufficiency for the family.
- Ensures provision of interpretation themselves, or with contracted interpreters, and instructs clients to request interpretation at other service sites.
- Documents contact and services provided to clients based upon the needs and goals identified in the resettlement plan, monitoring progress of adult members of the case over time with summary notes regarding the purpose and outcomes of that contact.
- Maintains client files, including copies of all pertinent documents, and obtains client signatures and dates on appropriate forms and receipts promptly. Supports the management of the client’s financial direct assistance (welcome money).
- Ensures basic needs are met by interviewing clients and assessing their needs. Will provide information and/or referrals as needed, along with submitting and processing health and cash benefit applications, as applicable.
- Provides or arranges transportation for refugees to attend appointments as needed
- Assists clients to move toward financial self-sufficiency by developing pre-and post-employment family budgets and assisting clients with opening bank accounts, paying bills, etc. as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Experience working in the human service field, preferably with 1-3 years’ experience in providing direct service to refugees and immigrants
- Ability to work with diverse client population, community organizations and various professionals, as well as staff at all levels.
- Fluency in English required, and another language desirable such as: Dari and/or Pashto
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, holidays and weekends. On call availability for emergencies.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills along with strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and professional, able to follow instructions and handle emergencies. Must also be able to work independently from general instructions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, accommodations provided when needed.
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time