Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Case Manager of Family Support Center - Leavenworth and Atchison
Position Summary:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing long term Client Centered and Trauma Informed case management to families and individuals seeking social services. This role will be three days per week in Leavenworth and two days per week in Atchison. EEO.
- Conduct comprehensive case management interviews with each program participant and provide financial coaching.
- Conduct Strengths Assessments-Arizona Matrix, and VISPADT or VAT assessment.
- Master all site funding streams to determine participant eligibility.
- Attain expertise in all internal and external resources. Support each participant in navigating all available social service systems and programs.
- Assist each participant to identify written measurable and achievable goals. Provide ongoing wraparound case management to monitor goal progress.
- Enter daily in site database, monthly tracker, and spending spreadsheets all case management services used to support participant.
- Maintain accurate and complete hard copy case management files for each program participant with all appropriate fund documentation. Ensure daily that every case files can pass internal and external audits.
- Create and submit to site manager by designated deadline a monthly case management report.
- Teach on-site Financial Education classes as assigned and attend community meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Two years’ experience in social service related field. Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Service related fields strongly preferred.
- Previous background in financial literacy, and Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas colleagues, contractors, and funding sources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Preference for Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs.
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time