Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Case Manager, Pregnancy Counseling
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1388604/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Case-Manager-Pregnancy-Counseling
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing counseling to mothers who will be parenting their child. Provide counseling, preparation, education and support for expecting parents. Also, market and spread the word about our adoption and pregnancy counseling programs throughout the service area EEO.
- Responsible for intake, assessment and referral of Pregnancy Maintenance Initiative (PMI) clients.
- Provide counseling to assist clients through pregnancy, including problem solving, goal setting, preparation for parenting, and post-pregnancy visits.
- Assist in meeting client’s needs: medical, housing, financial and schooling. Make referrals and access resources with the participants.
- Assists in community education, marketing and public relations on a monthly basis.
- Deliver information and promotional materials to hospitals, probation offices, jails/prisons, community agencies, etc.
- Travel to satellite offices at least once per month to support PMI clients.
- Work with clients in a non-judgmental, accepting and supportive manner.
- Enter into data systems per the PMI grant in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality according to HIPAA policy.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- LBSW or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience in case management preferably within children and family services.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, if necessary.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-function.
- Demonstrates mature judgment, strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Ability to relate well to the public.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in processing paperwork.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and standing, bending and moving.
- The ability to complete assignments in all types of weather and ever-changing and sometimes allergenic environments in homes of those we serve, including extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
- Must have good mobility to make visits to a variety of home environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing steep stairs.
- Must have good hearing and speech ability to communicate with others.
- Must have good vision for driving and for assessing conditions of those we serve.
Job Type: Part Time