Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Children’s Case Manager
Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting
Children’s Case Manager Exempt #300-001-FT-CCM
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time, exempt Bilingual Children’s Case Manager as part of our Children’s Services Team.
The Bilingual Children’s Case Manager will provide strengths-based case management and advocacy that is survivor-centered, accessible, equitable, inclusive, trauma-informed and competent to children and their parent/guardian. This position assesses the basic needs of the family, formulates case management goal plans and monitors progress in meeting client needs. The Children’s Case Manager plans and facilitates children’s psycho-educational groups and family enrichment activities and maintains accurate and complete documentation for provision of services and outcome results. The Bilingual Children’s Case Manager shares knowledge and expertise on resources, crisis interventions and other related information. This position reports to the Director of Children’s Services. For more information, visit www.rosebrooks.org.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and equity and inclusion.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined; attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
- Ability to assist the team process in accessing the primary needs of the residents and supporting other areas of staff involvement in the community living environment.
Required education, experience, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field, or commensurate
- Minimum of one year experience providing case management and/or advocacy
- Prior experience working with children, preferably working with at-risk children in a residential setting
- Experience providing culturally competent, equitable and inclusive services to diverse populations
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Demonstrated dependability and reliability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with a team
- Proven time management, organizational, and creative problem solving skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other required office equipment/software
- Valid Driver’s License, insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Knowledge of Domestic Violence
- Familiarity with Strengths Perspective
- Understanding of trauma and its impact
- Experience with crisis intervention
WORK HOURS – Full-time, 40-hours
This position is four, 10-hour days, primarily Mon-Thurs. Flexibility is needed for start and end times and is based on the needs of the clients and agency and will include some evening and occasional weekend hours.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132 OR
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources, 816-523-5550 x7108.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Job Type: Full Time