Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Community Health Worker
Position Title: Bilingual Community Health Worker (CHW)
The CHW is responsible for the care coordination and case management of families enrolled in the Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative (KCHSI). The KCHSI offers services and support for mothers, fathers, children and families in Jackson County, MO and Wyandotte County, KS, before, during and after pregnancy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Enrolls and case manages a quarterly maximum of 20 pregnant women and their infants up to eighteen
months of age, and their families, on a home-visiting model
• Assists with the on-going care coordination to pregnant and postpartum women and infants up to eighteen months and their families
• Administers depression screens to program participants and makes appropriate referral
• Assures referral and/or enrollment of program participants and their families in health coverage under
the Affordable Care Act in greater Kansas City
• Develops a plan of care with the program participant and modifies plan when appropriate
• Provides assistance in locating, expediting, and coordinating medical and psycho-social services which
are culturally appropriate
• Prepares monthly reports for the KCHSI Program Director and Evaluation Team
• Recruits program participants, as well as, assists and coordinates meeting arrangements and activities for the
Pregnancy, Infant and Child Health Sub-Committee of the Community Action Network
• Assists with providing referral resources to significant other males and fathers of the children enrolled
in the program
• Assists with community events and educational opportunities to promote KCHSI
• Participate in monthly KCHSI training activities and events, and
• Attend Nurture KC’s bi-annual meetings and other designated meeting as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, health sciences, or related field experience
• Relevant experience can substitute education
• At least 5 years’ experience working in the maternal and child area
• Familiarity with the neighborhood services
• Experience with grassroots organizations and coalescing neighborhoods and their residents
• Ability to work effectively with project staff and to be a team player
• Capacity to maintain full confidentiality of program participant information and data
Minimum Qualifications: The Community Health Worker should be very familiar with the community
service area and urban neighborhoods, and comfortable working with a diverse population. Ability to work
independently to achieve program goals. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Supervision received from: KCHSI Program Director
Full Time position with competitive salary and benefits. Open until filled. To apply, send a letter of interest
and a copy of your résumé to email@example.com
Nurture KC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Kansas City Healthy Start Initiative is a program of Nurture KC.
Job Type: Full Time