Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Contract Grief Counselor
AdHoc Group Against Crime is seeking mental health professionals to provide grief counseling to individuals, families and communities impacted by crime and violence. This contract position provides a range of psychological assessment, diagnostic, and therapeutic services for patients referred. This position adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) professional code of ethics and practice standards, or the APA Practice Standards and Code of Ethics, as applicable.
- Provides in-home mental health crisis intervention, screenings, and assessments, for patients referred.
- Provides counseling and/or psychotherapy with individuals and groups.
- Collects client level data through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluates data to identify causes of problems and to determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Accurately and in a timely manner maintain appropriate case files through the preparation of treatment plans, discharge plans, progress notes etc.
- Work collaboratively with AdHoc staff and local human service organizations, treatment centers, and other community based organizations in order to facilitate appropriate care coordination, information, and referral.
- Follows up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
- Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
- Supports quality management and program evaluation activities by providing statistical information on program activities as requested by AdHoc's Clinical Supervisor.
- Supports the mission and vision of AdHoc, as a team member.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or direct related field;
- Minimum 4 years of directly related experience.
- Must have Missouri or Kansas licensure as LPCC, or LPC, or LCSW, or equivalent level;
- Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to relate to clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in providing both group and individual therapy.
Job Type: Part Time