Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Coordinator, Refugee Health and Benefits
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/796777/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Coordinator-Refugee-Health-and-Benefits
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the services outlined in the Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Refugee Medical Assistance (RMA), Refugee Medical Screenings (RMS) and Refugee Health Promotion (RHP) programs. This includes enrolling and supporting clients in these cash and health programs, overseeing coordination and documentation, and providing supervision for team staff. EEO.
- Learns and implements guidelines for services for the Health and Benefits programs set forth by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR) and stays up-to-date on relevant developments and public policies that affect refugees.
- Identifies eligible clients and assists in applying RMA benefits, providing appropriate orientation and supportive follow-up to assure clients can access their benefits in the community, working with relevant partners to ensure efficiency of service, assuring appropriate grant documentation.
- Supports coordination and follow-up of the Refugee Medical Screening process, communicating with local clinics and Catholic Charities’ staff to ensure appropriate services and supports refugee clients with follow-up vaccinations and mental health screenings.
- Supports the coordination of the Refugee Health Promotion program, assuring appropriate services such as health literacy classes and health navigation are provided according to grants and documented appropriately.
- Provides supervision of the Refugee Cash Assistance program, ensuring appropriate participation, program compliance, and documentation of files and providing training and support to the health and benefits team.
- Assists with planning and implementation of coordination activities that support health and benefits programming, such as community events, outreach efforts, or trainings.
- Stays up-to-date on health-related community resources and acts as a point of contact, following up on resource needs, and trouble-shooting client barriers to accessing services when necessary.
- Assists in monitoring spending of the Health and Benefits programs and contributes to program-related reporting in a timely manner.
- Maintains professional conduct with clients as identified in the NASW Code of Ethics and abides by all program policies and procedures and acts as a mandated reporter.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Bachelor's Degree in social services field or comparable experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience working in a social services field position
- Minimum of one year’s experience working with diverse populations/refugees/immigrants
- Supervision experience preferred
- Competent oral and written English and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Must be reliable, punctual, professional
- Must be able to work independently from general instructions
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
- Must have competent organizational skills, attention to detail orientation and the ability to maintain social work ethics.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Must have a valid driver's license, verified safe driving record, and be able to provide copy of license and insurance.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, accommodations provided when needed.
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time