Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Direct Services Supervisor
Are you seeking a position with an organization poised to make a significant impact on Kansas City? If you are passionate about ending homelessness in Kansas City for this generation and the next, then Community LINC is the place for you.
Who We Are: For nearly 35 years, Community LINC has been a game-changer in serving and housing the most vulnerable families in our community. We are innovative in creating new housing programs that increase our capacity to serve more families, strengthen our programming, and transforming our service delivery model to have a broader community focus. With proven success, program recipients receive housing location services, intensive trauma-informed case management, employment services, financial coaching, and children's programming, allowing them to regain stability and secure permanent housing.
We attract talented professionals through competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and generous PTO. With the aim to recruit candidates who have the confidence and drive to get the job done, we are now accepting applications for a Direct Services Supervisor and Case Manager.
Our Culture: Community LINC staff share a common framework that guides our approach to services, informs practices, creates values built on a foundation of trust, integrity, transparency, and mutual respect. Our goal is to drive communal change from homelessness to homefullness through innovation, creativity, strategic thinking, and flexibility. We are a team of like-minded fun-loving individuals who genuinely believe that together we can create a home, a place, a community for everyone.
Who We Are Seeking: We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented individual to provide day-to-day supervisory leadership to the direct service staff as well as maintains a small targeted portfolio of families to case manage. The right candidate will have an understanding of the complexities of working with homeless families as well as appreciates the importance of furthering a culture of compassionate client advocacy along with comprehensive case management.
- Provide day-to-day supervision for direct service staff
- Provide annual staff performance reviews
- Ensure that services are delivered in a stream-lined, trauma-informed manner
- Facility weekly team meetings
- Proactively identify programmatic challenges and issues and provide recommendations for improvement/remediation
- Carry a small case load and provide family-centric advocacy and support
- Help families identify and set goals that lead to the removal of barriers
- Assist families with obtaining and utilizing skills that lead to self-sufficiency
- Provide aftercare case management services
- Ensure that all processes, procedures, polices, and forms are relevant and efficiently streamlined
- Take lead in preparing for monitoring visits
- Conduct ongoing process/procedures evaluations and create and implement plans for improvement
- Complete monthly in-house reports
- Utilize Caseworthy HMIS as prescribed
- Produce/create other reports as requested
- Coordinate resident graduations and other special events and projects as assigned
- Attend meetings, trainings, and events as scheduled/assigned
- Minimum Master’s Degree in social work or counseling
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a productive team member
- Minimum two years case management experience
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- A high level of integrity to confidentiality
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and a drug screen
- Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of LINC and has a strong commitment to working with the homeless population and families in poverty
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Job Type: Full Time