Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Food Pantry and Clothes Closet
Education Requirements | Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university preferred
Hours | Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Competitive benefits package
The Director of the Food Pantry and Clothes Closet oversees all the operations of the food pantry including volunteer and staff management, acquisition and monitoring of food inventory, client access, fundraising, communication of pantry policies, procedures, accomplishments and events and assembling monthly operational reports.
- Qualify clients interested in receiving assistance, oversee all interactions with current clients and volunteers and solve problems as they arise.
- Recruit, train, implement consistent procedures, encourage and assign various duties to regular and occasional outside groups of volunteers.
- Oversee ordering, receipt, storage and distribution of all purchased and donated inventory.
- Quantify and report on all financial data, inventory records, service and personal information on both clients and volunteers.
- Plan acquisition of Thanksgiving food, recruit outside groups of volunteers, organize and implement distribution of 500 Thanksgiving baskets:
- Monitor and ensure building, two vehicles and all equipment are clean, secured, and in good working order.
- Promote and report on the needs and operations of Village Food Pantry to the church staff, congregation and various outside organizations.
- Develop and support community partners for donations and other pantry support.
- Able to support the mission and ministry of Village Presbyterian Church, models church’s values
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred
- Management experience in either the private and/or public sectors required
- Inventory management experience preferred
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Budget development, oversight and presentation experience preferred
- Experience working for or volunteering at a food pantry or non-profit organization providing services to the community preferred
- Experience assessing an organization’s structure and staffing alignment preferred
- Strategic planning experience, including goal-setting and growth plans, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn and use other databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills- must be comfortable talking with a wide variety of people and presenting to large groups
- Ability to adhere to client confidentiality policies and procedures
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Ability to work occasional evenings for advisory board meetings
- Ability to handle medical emergencies if they arise.
- Flexibility to respond to emergency needs of the pantry such as a cooler alarm after hours.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to navigate and move around the pantry building and grounds to supervise activities of clients and volunteers
- Ability to speak and hear on the phone
For more information about our Village Church Food Pantry and Clothes Closet, please visit the pantry website at villagepres.org/food-pantry-clothes-closet. For more information about the ministry and other programs of Village Presbyterian Church, please see the church website, villagepres.org.
Job Type: Full Time