Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Residential Services
Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job PostingDirector of Residential Services
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, is currently hiring for a full-time Director of Residential Services. This position provides leadership to all shelter staff and direct supervision and development of Shelter Managers, Shelter Case Managers, and Kitchen Manager in the provision of services for the residential program. Responsible for ensuring hotline, advocacy, care coordination, and shelter operations are consistent with Rose Brooks Center’s commitment to trauma informed care, equity and inclusion, and accessibility. Oversees ongoing quality improvement for hotline and shelter services. The Director of Residential Services will partner with the Development Team and agency leadership on grant proposals, administration, and reporting. This position works collaboratively with other internal staff, leaders and community partners in the provision of residential services for the residential program. The emergency shelter operates with a low barrier and voluntary participation in services model. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, equity and inclusion, and accessibility.
- Maintain awareness of the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or commensurate work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in supervision and management with ability to develop and coach direct reports and others
- Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence
- Demonstrated ability to lead through others and build a high performing team
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others
- Computer literacy
- Proven organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Strong quality assurance and customer focus
- Excellent creative problem-solving, conflict resolution and mediation, and the demonstrated ability to effectively manage change
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to trauma informed care, equity and inclusion, and accessibility.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to provide proof of automobile insurance
- Master’s Degree in a social science or related field
- Minimum one year experience in residential or domestic violence shelter
- Understanding of trauma and its impact
- Experience with effective handling of hotline calls and crisis intervention
- English/Spanish Bi-lingual
This is a full time, exempt position. The Director of Residential Services will work a minimum of 40 hours, primarily Monday through Friday days, with the flexibility to meet the needs of clients that may occur outside of those hours.
To Apply: Send resume to: HumanResources@rosebrooks.org Open until filled per qualifications.
Candidates must consent to a Background Check/Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Job Type: Full Time