Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Employment Specialist develops, coordinates, and implements individualized employment plans with job seekers. These plans provide comprehensive, case management activities which include scheduling training, providing job search assistance, connecting with employers to locate open positions, and collaborating with community partners in order to access outside resources.
- Conducts intakes and attends planning sessions with participants as required.
- Completes all evaluations and assessments applicable to a participant’s program enrollment.
- Develops a written individual employment plan inclusive of developing work skills and behaviors to support employment, training, and retention goals.
- Reviews assessments, academic and medical records, resumes, and other pertinent information necessary to become familiar with a participant’s skills, abilities and interests.
- Interviews the participant, family, and/or referring partner (as needed) to gain additional knowledge.
- Assists participants in conducting self-directed job search assistance, completing career exploration activities, developing computer literacy skills, gaining access to a phone, email, copier & fax.
- Collaborates with team to conduct daily job searches & update job board with local area job openings available.
- Coordinates assessment site visits with participants and Skills Trainers, as needed.
- Provides case management and refers participants to benefits planning services.
- Provides job related individual and group training sessions, as needed.
- Offers supportive services and community referrals during emergency situations for participants, as needed.
- Maintains all client contact standards and enters participant information in the case management database on a daily basis; physical case files will be maintained as applicable.
- Understands a variety of funding sources and completes appropriate documentation.
- Submits timely and accurate documentation and billing information.
- Cross-trains on other mission related positions to serve as a back-up for the Skills Trainer or Training Facilitator.
- Regularly updates Employment Services Manager on participant issues and concerns.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of participant information at all times.
- Completes tasks in compliance with all company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
The Employment Specialist will be a proven leader with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation, psychology, communication, education, adult education, human resources, or related field. Some college or work related experience will be considered.
- Proven experience empowering job seekers to attain employment skills and placement goals.
- Ability to counsel and handle crisis situations effectively.
- A high degree of sensitivity towards all persons with or without different abilities/disadvantages.
- Ability to teach skills to small groups in a classroom setting.
- Working knowledge of internet search engines and resume writing.
- Working knowledge of the workforce, social services sectors and/or experience utilizing community resources.
- Strong background in developing and maintaining relationships between partner agencies (such as Voc. Rehab).
- Microsoft Office and Windows proficiency, typing ability.
- Basic understanding of legal requirements regarding employment (ADA, WOTC, etc.).
- Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Versatility and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility of work hours, schedule and willingness to cross-train.
- Effective management of processes and people; strong teamwork qualities.
- Effective, appropriate and professional communication and demeanor.
- Ability to recognize potential problems within processes and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation, clean MVR, valid license and insurance to transport participants and/or drive for company-related business.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999