Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Extreme Recruitment Recruiter
Extreme Recruitment Recruiter
Reports To: Recruitment Programs Supervisor
Summary: Work with Extreme Recruitment program staff to help locate family and resources for foster children.
Responsibilities: Carry out all aspects of multi-faceted, child-specific adoption recruitment for a caseload of 7-9 youth in foster care. Serve each youth for 12-20 weeks, ensuring a system of supportive adults for at least 90% of youth, and achieving permanency through adoption or guardianship for at least 70% of youth, by carrying out:
- Case record review: Mine the file for names, phone numbers, and sometimes, social security numbers of kin/relatives.
- Assessment: Ensure that an initial assessment of adoption readiness is conducted and updated as the case progresses.
- Adoption preparation: Weekly, review the youth’s current placement, mental health needs, physical health needs, adult relationships, peer relationships, and educational needs.
- Network building: Weekly, attend meetings with the FosterAdopt Connect Supervisor, Case Manager, Case Manager Supervisor, Program Manager, CASA, GAL, DJO, residential staff, etc.
- Recruitment plan: The plan is reviewed weekly, and focuses on:
- Conducting a diligent search: 1) Identifying at least 40 family members; 2) Focusing on re-connecting lonely children with safe, appropriate kin; 3) Facilitate Team Decision Making meetings with committed family members to determine a permanency plan and formalize natural supports.
- Carrying out child-specific recruitment: Explore relationships with former foster parents, teachers, mentors, neighbors, pastors, and family friends. Target groups that may result in finding an interested family, such as churches. Utilize any untapped general recruitment vehicles, such as Heart Gallery.
- Familiarity with the child welfare system in Jackson County, Missouri (preferred).
- A minimum of five years of related experience working with foster care/adoption.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field required; Master’s preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary within a multi-state area.
- Flexibility to work varied and irregular hours and days.
- Strong computer and Internet skills.
- Self-starter who takes on challenging responsibilities and holds self accountable for results and performance.
- Strong attention to detail with commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
- Possess a valid state-issued driver's license.
- Possess a reliable vehicle.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Detail oriented.
FosterAdopt Connect does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of interns, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Job Type: Full Time