Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Family Advocacy and Childcare Specialist
Working alongside the Family Care Manager, provide vital support services to Amethyst Place families in collaboration with other clinical team members. Oversee childcare during evening programming Monday through Thursday. Flexible schedule, but must be available during evening childcare.
About Amethyst Place
The mission of Amethyst Place is to support women recovering from drug and alcohol addiction and their children by providing safe, drug-free housing and individualized services to promote healthy families. We help families overcome significant trauma and develop essential life skills so they can successfully transition to independent housing and healthy community living.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide case management and advocate on behalf of families with the court system, Department of Family Services, Parent Aides, and other Case Managers.
- Attend necessary meetings as assigned by Family Care Manager to offer support for clients (PPRT meetings, school IEP meetings, court hearings, etc.).
- Participate in treatment team meetings to assist in the treatment planning process for each resident.
- Oversee childcare Monday through Thursday evenings (5-7 pm) and supervise childcare volunteers. Assist in serving meals and refreshments during childcare.
- Collaborate with Child Therapist to provide services to children as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Keep records such as case notes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Education, or a related field required. Must be able to physically interact with children, including bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing, and walking. Possess strong listening and people skills, as well as time management and problem-solving. Must pass a background check. Prefer prior experience working with high-risk, low-income children.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: 32,000 – 37,000; salary commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Paid leave, retirement, and health insurance beginning January 1, 2020.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Irma Salazar Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sarah Knopf-Amelung (email@example.com).
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999