Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Family and Children’s Therapist
Rose Brooks Center
Notice of Job Posting
Family and Children’s Therapist Position #40-001-FT-FCTHER
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency seeks a full-time, exempt Family and Children’s Therapist, reporting to the Director of Clinical Services.
This position provides individual, family and group therapy to women and children choosing to participate in elective services based on assessment and treatment plans. Additional responsibilities include offering a multitude of family enriching activities and maintaining a flexible schedule to provide parenting assistance and crisis intervention.
- Provide trauma-informed, individual family and group therapy services.
- Complete assessment and individual treatment plan based on assessment recommendations as stated by the Quality Assessment standards.
- Advocate and coordinate needed services to children and families of Rose Brooks Center.
- Offer clinical knowledge and expertise on children’s issues.
- Fulfill all requirements of supporting funding sources.
- Provide documentation and electronic records of therapeutic services delivered according to agency standards and professional ethics.
- Professional development and consultation activities.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform all job responsibilities utilizing the principles of trauma informed care, accessibility, and cultural competency.
- Maintain awareness about the risks of secondary trauma and understand one’s own responsibility of self-care.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff, team and supervisor meetings.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work.
- Licensed or license eligible in MO.
- Two years working in children’s services. One year in a residential setting preferred.
- Registered Play therapist or working toward certification preferred.
- Knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and best practices
- Prior experience in providing therapy/counseling services
- Experience working with diverse individuals and groups in a culturally competent manner
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care
Hours: This is a full-time, exempt position and requires a minimum of 40 hours/wk. This position will
work primarily daytime hours, with 2 to 3 evenings per week. On-call rotation is required for
approximately 1 week/weekend every 10 weeks.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HumanResources@rosebrooks.org
Or Mail to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 32059, Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to background and Division of Family Services (Central Registry/Child Abuse) screenings. Open until filled per qualifications. For questions, please contact Human Resources: 816-523-5550 x7108
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Job Type: Full Time