Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Financial Case Manager
BFMA clients need help managing their monthly Social Security benefit check and have no one else to turn to. As a representative payee, BFMA receives the monthly benefit and Financial Case Managers are responsible for creating and assisting the client to adhere to a budget. Mentally and physically disabled as well as elderly people rely on BFMA to systematically pay rent in order to keep a roof over their head, to pay utility bills to ensure ongoing service, and to send personal funds for groceries and personal needs. BFMA not only pays basic bills for clients, but also advocates for them with landlords, utility companies, and creditors. BFMA helps protect disabled clients who are vulnerable and misunderstood from being taken advantage of financially. Financial case managers collaborate with mental health case managers, apartment and facility management, utility companies, Social Security Administration, and any other entity necessary to assist the client. The majority of clients served by BFMA are disabled (mental illness) and/or homeless. Case managers must follow all guidelines set by the Social Security Administration for representative payees.
- Assist clients to create a reasonable budget to meet needs for safe shelter with the basics of life including utilities and food
- Enroll new clients into service
- Advocate for clients with creditors and collectors
- Arrange reasonable payment plans
- Collect and maintain all expense documentation
- Assist clients apply for and maintain public benefits
- Work with community case managers to provide resources for client
- Complete necessary reports for Social Security and other funders
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
- Work experience in social service, non-profit agencies
- Familiarity with persons with disabilities
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and databases
- Friendly but firm and patient interaction with clients
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999