Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Financial Literacy AmeriCorps: Refugee and Support Programming
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by supporting the coordination and expansion of Asset Development programming. Using Money Smart curriculum, provide financial education and support to programs including: Family Support Centers, Saint Rita, ReConnect, Refugee Employment Services, and New Roots for Refugees.
• Teach financial education courses at various locations to program enrolled refugee and non-refugee clients
• Research and adapt curriculum and financial tools for client base: refugee, employment, low-income, etc.
• Create virtual financial education options for individuals who cannot attend in-person classes
• Work with interpreters to make financial education programs accessible to refugee population
• Conduct budget coaching sessions with current clients
• Identify community resources and referrals for client’s needs
• Work with volunteer department to develop volunteer financial mentoring program for refugee programs
• Provide support to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be comfortable working with diverse populations and displaying cultural competency.
• Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
• Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
• Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
• Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
• Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Use and/or modify the examples below to articulate the specific requirements for the position)
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
• Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments
• May be exposed to infectious diseases
• Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
• Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
• Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving