Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Health Navigator, Refugee
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/776316/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Refugee-Health-Navigator
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the services outlined in the Refugee Health Promotion Health and Education and Medical and Mental Health Navigation programs. EEO.
- Learns and implements guidelines for services for the Refugee Health Promotion program set forth by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR) and stays up-to-date on relevant developments and public policies that affect refugees.
- Identify and recruit participants for health literacy workshops. Coordinate with participants throughout the multi-week workshop series, including ensuring clients are reminded of workshops and have transportation.
- Complete a pre-program assessment on all participants.
- Provide health and mental health navigation services to ensure most at risk individuals are able to access complex health care systems.
- Develop a plan of care (POC) for each client that includes clearly defined and appropriate referrals and access to medical assistance or insurance to address health needs.
- Assist with planning and implementation of coordination activities that support health and benefits programming, such as community events, outreach efforts, or trainings.
- Stays up-to-date on health-related community resources and acts as a point of contact, following up on resource needs, and trouble-shooting client barriers to accessing services when necessary.
- Tracks and reports progress towards grant outcomes and goals.
- Maintains professional conduct with clients as identified in the NASW Code of Ethics and abides by all program policies and procedures and acts as a mandated reporter.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in social services or health care field or comparable experience
- One year’s experience working in a social services or health care field position, preferred
- One year’s experience working with diverse populations/refugees/immigrants, preferred
- Competent oral and written English and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Must be reliable, punctual, professional
- Must be able to work independently from general instructions
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
- Must have competent organizational skills, attention to detail orientation and the ability to maintain social work ethics.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Must have a valid driver's license, verified safe driving record, and be able to provide copy of license and insurance.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time