Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Home Visitation Specialist
Purpose of Position
Provides support services to families that are affiliated using various social work and educational methods, including individual, and/or group family support, and crisis intervention. This position is responsible for developing trusting, nurturing and supportive relationships with families over a long-term intervention. Provide strength- based, child focused, family centered service based on the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework. The Home Visiting Specialist reports to the Home Visiting supervisor.
Major Duties (*Essential Element)
- Provides In-Home parent education and family support services
- Plans and participates in quarterly parent support and education groups
- Understands and advocates for strong infant/parent relationship, promoting infant mental health, using the Healthy Families America Model
- Enrolls clients and completes assessments for families emotional and social needs
- Supports parents to provide a healthy start to their children through ongoing assessment, education and support
- Provides necessary referrals to outside agencies for assistance in completing goals set by families
- Engage families through a strength-based approach that encourages the client to see their own strengths and make self-director efforts at change
- Establish awareness in the community regarding the program and work to ensure families in need have information about how to access services*
- Timely entry of all required documentation in the Great Circle data system and insures compliance with the Healthy Families Standards for documentation
- Participates in staff meetings
- May transport residents or clients on the job
- Performs other duties as needed for the betterment of Great Circle
- Judgment – ability to make thoughtful decisions in a timely and confident manner
- Execution & Results – ability to adapt to change, effectively cope with the unexpected, systematically problem solve, follow-through and ensure accuracy
- Customer Focus – properly interacts with others, the ability to work independently or with a team, ethically minded
- Motivation & Work Ethic – demonstrates personal integrity by operating in an accountable, reliable, and respectful manner.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a social services role
- Possess a current, valid Class E driver’s license and meet the organization’s requirements for auto insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services area, family development area or Associates degree in Child Development with 60+ college credit hours
- Experience working with children and families in a trauma informed environment
- Strong customer service focus, excellent time management, oral and written communication skills
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload with attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and email applications
- Ability to work productively and respectfully with individuals and families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Capable of functioning independently, practicing good judgment and discretion in decision making and promote positive parenting and child development while reducing the risk of child maltreatment
- Demonstrated willingness to work a non-structured flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends
Working in a trauma informed office or home environment. Lighting and temperature adequate. May be exposed to noise and crisis-related behavior from clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This person must be able to hear, see, talk, and sit or stand at a personal computer for a reasonable length of time typing and reading. Using hands to handle or feel, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crawl is occasionally needed. Frequently lifting 25 pounds and occasionally lift 26 – 100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full Time