Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Homeless Continuum of Care Program Director
To apply, please email: email@example.com
The Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness (GKCCEH) is seeking a well-rounded, mission-driven individual who is detail-oriented with strong technical and analytical skills to fill its Program Director position. This role will largely serve to support successful implementation of and to build capacity within the Coordinated Entry System (CES). CES is a practice required of all homeless service providers receiving HUD funding. As the Lead Agency for the local Continuum of Care (CoC), GKCCEH is responsible for ensuring compliance with all CE practices. Coordinated Entry requires a system-level strategy utilized to engage, assess, and prioritize (by vulnerability and additional factors) any person(s) experiencing homelessness. Through various points of entry, with the use of a common assessment tool, CE is designed
In this public-facing role, the Program Director will play a critical role in the implementation of a community-wide and collaborative strategy to increase access and target assistance to the most vulnerable households with the most acute housing and supportive services needs. The Program Director will help drive meaningful, system-level change by engaging and informing stakeholders, and maintaining effective working relationships with partner agencies to realize positive outcomes for persons experiencing homelessness and to develop to effect positive change in systems which feed into homelessness.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well independently and in groups and demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and written and oral communication skills. This person will also possess the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, while juggling multiple critical tasks and responsibilities. Further, the chosen candidate will demonstrate strong technical skills, especially in data management and Microsoft Excel, with a minimum of two years of experience working in the application.Education: Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, Counseling, or a closely- related field.
Experience: Minimum of two years of full-time experience in coordination and/or evaluation of homeless and housing services (preferred), behavioral health, or human services, with an emphasis on program management and the provision of technical support to drive system-level change.
Primary Responsibilities of this role include
• Serve as a main point of contact for the MO-604 Continuum of Care
• Develop and support community wide collaborations to create better coordination and more e?ective service delivery across the continuum
• Develop, write, edit and/or contribute to needs assessments, grant applications, reports to funders, and presentations
• Attend training and conferences to ensure development and transfer of knowledge
• Represent GKCCEH/MO-604 in the community by attending planning meetings and serving on grant/application review committees
• Design and implement work plans, in partnership and collaboration with CoC stakeholders
• Oversee the implementation of Coordinated Entry, and standardization of program measures, and work to increase capacity for homeless service providers
• Apply annually for HUD CoC Coordinated Entry grant and oversee the required grant activities
• In conjunction with CoC Planning Director and Data Systems Manager, develop and conduct an annual performance assessment process that is aligned with the HEARTH Act and local priorities that includes agency site visits, random case ?le reviews, and analysis of HMIS and ?nancial management data
• Assure regular updates and changes to committee work plans and goals
• Facilitate the implementation and ongoing planning e?orts related to a system wide Coordinated Entry process, in which all homeless individuals and families experience common intake, assessment and referral
• Develop and periodically provides an analysis and review of the CES Program
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Previous experience with the HUD Continuum of Care and Coordinated Entry required;
Knowledge of philosophy and objectives of homeless assistance and community service programs; special needs of homeless populations;
Administration of programs; relational database software such as Caseworthy; Microsoft Office Suite;
Proven skill in working independently; organizing and prioritizing work; excellent written and verbal communication; exercising good judgment and effective decision making; sensitivity to changing situations;
Planning, developing, and managing program and/or events; evaluating program effectiveness; preparing and maintaining policies and procedures; communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
Skill in providing lateral management in high stress situations.
Ability to work with a unique client population in challenging situations in and out of traditional office environments, including remote work.
Basic office equipment and technology
Relational database software
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Online meeting platforms (GoTo Meeting, Zoom)
Homeless Management Information System Database (Caseworthy)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999