Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Homeless Services Case Manager
Metro Lutheran Ministry seeks a dynamic, motivated candidate for the position of Housing Case Manager. For 50 years, MLM has provided emergency and supportive services to low-income, homeless, and at-risk households in the greater Kansas City area. The Housing Case Manager is an integral part of the MLM team.
The Housing Case Manager (Homeless Services) will fulfill two primary roles: eviction and homelessness prevention for at-risk households, and rapid-rehousing for literally homeless households. The target population for these programs are households in the greater Kansas City area. The case manager administers homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing, eviction prevention, and other emergency needs assistance focused on those who are at-risk of or experiencing homelessness. Services include the provision of private, state, and federally funded rent & utility assistance and related case management, ID & birth certificates, and Kansas City Medicine Cabinet. The case manager will promote each service participant’s strengths and advance well-being, utilizing a trauma informed, Housing First approach, with the goal of facilitating progression to long-term housing stability.
Monday-Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm; some weekends or evening as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Case Manager shall possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate patience and kindness while working under pressure, delivering quality service. A positive attitude, being a hard worker, and a willingness to take on tasks that may pivot due to the COVID pandemic is vital. Attention to detail, and the ability to work with multiple local, state, and federal programming regulations and data systems is vital to the success of the incumbent candidate.
The Case Manager will support at-risk and homeless participants, utilizing a strengths-based, trauma informed model, by performing the following:
• Assess needs to determine financial assistance utilizing progressive engagement strategies
• Advocate for participants with landlords and utility companies
• Establish landlord relationships
• Perform housing inspections as needed
• Provide client-centered, strengths-based case management, utilizing a low-barrier, trauma informed Housing First model
• Connect participants to appropriate community resources, such as financial assistance, mental health treatment, housing, employment, healthcare, and others as identified by need
• Collaborate with community partners to ensure that interventions and community support services are available and easily accessible
• Provide rent & utility assistance, bus passes, vouchers for ID & birth certificates, and vouchers for KC Medicine Cabinet to walk-in or scheduled clients.
• Facilitate connection to internal MLM programming, including employment & financial coaching, pantry, and other services
• Enter & maintain written and online HMIS & other database participant case files in accordance with program & funder requirements
• Accurately perform reporting and compliance duties in a timely fashion
• Attend Coordinated Entry, Continuum of Care, or other community partner meetings as scheduled
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s in Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology preferred, but not required. Experience working with homeless or at-risk households, or a combination of education and experience is preferred. Ability to work positively with a diverse client population, volunteers, and staff is required. Current KS/MO driver’s license and proof of insurance (must submit to driving record and criminal background check).
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Benefits include 11 paid holidays, 20 days paid vacation (pro-rated to annual start date), 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, partial employer paid dependent insurance coverage, 403b with 3% match, life insurance, staff parties, you get to save the world, and be part of an amazing team of people who all like and support each other.
Salary Range: $37,500-$43,500
Please APPLY HERE
Metro Lutheran Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time