Metro Lutheran Ministry seeks a dynamic, motivated candidate for the position of Housing Case Manager. For nearly 50 years, MLM has provided emergency and supportive services to low-income, homeless, and at-risk households in the greater Kansas City area. The Housing Needs Case Manager will be an integral part of the MLM team.
The Housing Needs Case Manager administers homelessness prevention, rapid re-housing, affordable housing, and emergency needs assistance focused on those who are at-risk of or experiencing homelessness in the Greater Kansas City area. Services include the provision of rent, mortgage, and utility assistance and related case management, ID & birth certificates, and Kansas City Medicine Cabinet. The case manager will promote each service participant’s strengths and advance well-being, with the goal of facilitating progression from near or former homelessness to long-term housing stability.
Monday- Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm; Lunch 12:00pm – 1:00pm; some weekends or evening as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Case Manager shall possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate patience and kindness while working under pressure and delivering quality service.
Case Manager will support participants, utilizing a strengths-based model, by performing the following:
• Assess needs to determine financial assistance utilizing progressive engagement strategies
• Advocate for participants with landlords and utility companies
• Establish landlord relationships
• Perform housing inspections
• Provide client-centered case management, utilizing a low-barrier, Housing First model
• Connect participants to appropriate community resources, such as financial assistance, mental health treatment, housing, employment, healthcare, and others as identified by need
• Collaborate with community partners to ensure that interventions and community support services are available and easily accessible
• Provide emergency rent & utility assistance, bus passes, vouchers for ID & birth certificates, and vouchers for KC Medicine Cabinet to walk-in or scheduled clients.
• Facilitate connection to internal MLM programming, including FOC, pantry, and other services
• Enter & maintain written and online HMIS & other database participant case files in accordance with agency and funder requirements
• Accurately perform reporting and compliance duties in a timely fashion
• Attend Coordinated Entry, Continuum of Care, or other community partner meetings as scheduled
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s in Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology preferred, but not required. Experience working with homeless or at-risk households, or a combination of education and experience is preferred.
Current KS/MO driver’s license and proof of insurance (must submit to driving record and criminal background check).
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $35,000-$45,000 annually. Benefits include 11 paid holidays, 19 days paid vacation (what!), 100% employer paid health, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, partial employer paid dependent insurance coverage, 403b with 3% match, life insurance, staff parties, you get to save the world, and be part of an amazing team who all like each other.
Metro Lutheran Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer