Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Housing Case Manager
ROSE BROOKS CENTER
NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
Housing Case Manager Exempt (#80-003-FT-HECM)
Rose Brooks Center, a nonprofit domestic violence agency, is currently seeking a full-time Housing Case Manager. This position is responsible for providing long-term strengths-based case management and supportive services promoting housing and economic stability for survivors of domestic violence. Strengths-based case management and advocacy services include assistance securing permanent housing and mainstream resources, assisting with personal goal planning and safety planning, advocacy with landlords and other community service providers, facilitating educational groups and individual sessions using the Economic Empowerment Program curriculum, and complete documentation and data entry of services and outcomes pertaining to Housing and Economic Advocacy Program services.
The individual in this position will support the mission and values of the agency, providing survivors of domestic violence with survivor centered, accessible, trauma informed, and culturally responsive advocacy. The Housing Case Manager must collaborate well within a multi-disciplinary team and across all programs at Rose Brooks Center, as well as navigate systems in the community.
This position reports to the Director of Housing and Economic Advocacy. For more information about Rose Brooks Center, visit www.rosebrooks.org.
- Required Experience and Skills
- Two years case management experience (in a domestic violence agency or similar agency) highly preferred
- Familiarity with Strengths Perspective
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to demonstrate culturally responsive, equitable and inclusive practices
- Proficient use of MS Office/Windows operating system
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others – both internally and externally
- Demonstrated relational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely documentation of services.
- Required Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field or commensurate work experience.
- Two years advocacy experience
- Experience in crisis response and working with survivors of domestic violence
- Knowledge and experience in trauma informed care
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- Experience providing financial management and planning education
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend stoop, reach, twist, push and pull on a regular basis and/or for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion
Other aspects of the position:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Engage all survivor clients in positive interactions to demonstrate care and compassion and develop genuine relationships.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Participate in a minimum of 3 equity and inclusion related activities.
- Participate in all required trainings and optional trainings as determined.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings.
- Excellent understanding of current available resources and eligibility requirements.
- Ability to be flexible within the Housing and Economic Advocacy Program and agency to perform alternate roles as needed.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
P.O. Box 320599
Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Job Type: Full Time